• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitsy
    Tell me i can get to ledbury.
    That side of the hills is ok.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
      Was that the one on ITV? I was watching that, waiting for the global warming anti 4x4 cr@p while one of the presenters was swanning around in her helicopter, and it never came.
      No I didn't see that one, had to take our lass and daughter to dancing class, the MSN & YAHOO boards are crawling with them though.

Apache's right though the developers who build on the flood plain cause the problems, our council have gone the other way now, I've just had to commission a flood risk assessment for planning.........

....... our site is more than 100m above the nearest stream!
      Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Our house is built on flood plain, we are less than 2 metres above the water table, and 200 metres away from the river, our council flooded what's left of the flood plain deliberately last year to turn it into a marsh land type mini nature reserve work that out.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

We're 1000ft above sea level so no chance of flooding, the downside is it's always feckin' raining 'cos we're in the clouds!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            We're 1000ft above sea level so no chance of flooding, the downside is it's always feckin' raining 'cos we're in the clouds!
            having your head in the clouds is way better than having you head stuck up your ar$e.eh vince.ive got to get to roughtrax on friday afternoon to pick up my new tyres.am i gonna be wasting my time ,is the traffic bad around that area.does anyone know????
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              I'm about 300 metres from the sea and I would think barely 2 metres higher than the extreme tides we have every Spring.

The tidal range here can get towards 11 metres - about 36' in old money.

The average tides are about 9 metres and we have two a day!

That is a lot of water to be moving about.
              Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
                having your head in the clouds is way better than having you head stuck up your ar$e.eh vince.ive got to get to roughtrax on friday afternoon to pick up my new tyres.am i gonna be wasting my time ,is the traffic bad around that area.does anyone know????
                Should be OK down that way. I was hoping to go there today on the way back from my meeting...
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
                  Bristol is always busy .......m4/5 junction is normally bad
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Working...
                  X