Floods again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floods again

Was supposed to attend a meeting in Bristol this morning starting at 10am.

I set off about 8:30, and have just returned home after spending over an hour in traffic trying to get to the M5 because so many roads are impassable. According to my GPS, I wasn't gonna get there until 10:40, assuming the road suddenly cleared and I got up to speed so I called in and made my apologies.

I blame small cars. If everyone drove lifted trucks, we'd laugh in the face of flooding and just go about our normal business. So in summary, it's the selfishness of people wanting to drive small cars that has caused the chaos on our roads today! $$$$$$ idiots. There should be a law banning them!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

haha!
    sorry you missed your meeting.. amphibius vehicle next time may be. how cool would a hovercraft be now
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Apache

I was watching the BBC this morning and the guy was in Upton - standing in about 3' of water just where we had been the week before in the sun!!!!!
      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Apache i got hold off that bloke and am picking the rad up at 2.oclock, cheers for that mate. shell.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyppe
          haha!
          sorry you missed your meeting.. amphibius vehicle next time may be. how cool would a hovercraft be now
          Don't think they are that hard to build, maybe time to start a new project ready for next time

Wonder what the tree hugers would say about them
          My other cars a QUAD
          (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
          http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

I believe we're almost cut off!

The Severn, the Avon and the Teme are all in flood. Bransford is closed, Upton is closed and Worcester is closed. Hehe, I'm an island dweller!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache

The Severn, the Avon and the Teme are all in flood. Bransford is closed, Upton is closed and Worcester is closed. Hehe, I'm an island dweller!
              Dunno II
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

Originally posted by Apache

I hope your high enough up to avoid getting wet yourselves.
                Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Yeah, we're on the very lower slopes of the Malverns. The Severn plain is probably about 50-100m below this level.

Comment

High up is the best way to be!

I have a theory on all this rain, its got absolutely nothing to do with global warming.......

...... It's wimbledon week! It Always rains on wimbledon week
                    Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

There was a meteorologist on TV last night saying that this level of rainfall isn't 'unheard of' or 'unique' as the tabloids are saying, and came up with loads of examples back to the 1920s. He was saying that it's a combination of El Nino and the gulfstream which happens more frequently than we think.

It's just greedy developers have built all over the flood plains so the water now has nowhere to go to drain away.

Comment

Tell me i can get to ledbury.

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650
                          High up is the best way to be!

I have a theory on all this rain, its got absolutely nothing to do with global warming.......

...... It's wimbledon week! It Always rains on wimbledon week

Glastonbury started it!

Comment

Was that the one on ITV? I was watching that, waiting for the global warming anti 4x4 cr@p while one of the presenters was swanning around in her helicopter, and it never came.
                            =========
                            =SOLD UP!=
                            =========

Comment

Some idiot on radio 4 last night quoted a study by Cranfield Uni that blamed the flooding on upland sheep, being twice the size they used to be, compacting the soil and causing increased runoff.... Genius...
                              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X