Help! My Nuts Don't Fit!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! My Nuts Don't Fit!!!!!

Woe is me! Rain has stopped and it's a lovely evening so I decided to fit my new alloys, recently purchased from Magnum Force (Phil). Got the Surf jacked up, removed the old alloy, fitted the new alloy, went to put the wheel nuts back on and they don't fit!!!!!

The old alloys are counter bored with a flat bottomed seat and the wheel nuts have a flat washer held in place by a knurled section. The new alloys are counter bored with a counter sunk seat. The washer from the flat bottomed alloys is too big to fit in the counter bore of the new ones and even if they did fit they would not be seated correctly.

I need advice please. What thread / pitch are the wheel studs and where will I get wheel nuts to fit? I'd like these on for the weekend if possible so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers. Jim.
    Last edited by Scorpion; 26 June 2007, 20:15.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Originally posted by Copycat
    Woe is me! Rain has stopped and it's a lovely evening so I decided to fit my new alloys, recently purchased from Magnum Force (Phil). Got the Surf jacked up, removed the old alloy, fitted the new alloy, went to put the wheel nuts back on and they don't fit!!!!!

The old alloys are counter bored with a flat bottomed seat and the wheel nuts have a flat washer held in place by a knurled section. The new alloys are counter bored with a counter sunk seat. The washer from the flat bottomed alloys is too big to fit in the counter bore of the new ones and even if they did fit they would not be seated correctly.

I need advice please. What thread / pitch are the wheel studs and where will I get wheel nuts to fit? I'd like these on for the weekend if possible so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers. Jim.

Will tapered nuts not work????
    Gaz

Comment

This any good?

http://www.toyotahilux.com/?doc=11&cid=147
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

You need some taper wheel nuts, check that the new wheels have a steel seating (or insert) for the taper to "bit" on, i had this trouble when i got my aftermarket wheels, i might have a spare set,
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Cheers. Jim.
          Bronco 4X4 can supply them, or try Milners
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Dam these guys are quick, the standard taper one's are wot ya want plus a set of locking nuts as well, it never ends does it
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
              Cheers mate, you're a star! I went into numb mode for a minute and didn't consider checking Milners or Roughtrax. So 24 x £1 plus postage plus VAT = £37.60! Bugga I was going to order a smoked bonnet protector this week, looks like that's gone back to second place again!

(Edit) Thanks to everyone else. By the time I typed this reply there were 3 other posts. Man, you guys are quick!
              Last edited by Scorpion; 26 June 2007, 20:28.

Comment

if your going to do off-road [weardale etc], your better off without locking nuts, unless you have a rear carrier and then just get one for this.
                Gaz

Comment

i just went to local tyre shop and bought them for a quid each.
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Cheers mate, you're a star! I went into numb mode for a minute and didn't consider checking Milners or Roughtrax. So 24 x £1 plus postage plus VAT = £37.60! Bugga I was going to order a smoked bonnet protector this week, looks like that's gone back to second place again!

(Edit) Thanks to everyone else. By the time I typed this reply there were 3 other posts. Man, you guys are quick!

Not as fast as flatout Phil.

Comment

milners one rust real fast dont know about the other suppliers
                      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                        Not as fast as flatout Phil.

Hey!!! what ya trying to say then

Comment

Okay, I've had to bite the bullet and order them from Roughtrax £37.89 including delivery for 24 nuts.

I'm just going to lie down for a while.

Still, roll on the weekend when I can get my new alloys fitted. (In best Homer Simpson mode) 'Ummmmm, new alloys'!

Comment

Working...
                          X