lunch time off road: Leatherhead(ish)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lunch time off road: Leatherhead(ish)

decided to test my new suspension set up this lunchtime with what TonyN done for me yesterday.
    I had the front restored to its propper height and then increased to almost 2" higher, and the rear increased to 2" higher as well. and also some new shocks.
    now i can climb dodgy muddy banks at dodgy angles and it climbs fine!
    on this one bank before i had to give it some as it wheelspun a bit. but today i was doing 1 or 2mph and it just went up absolutely no prob:
    see pics from a bit further down a chalky road. captain chaos will know about this one
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Originally posted by tonyppe
    decided to test my new suspension set up this lunchtime with what TonyN done for me yesterday.
    I had the front restored to its propper height and then increased to almost 2" higher, and the rear increased to 2" higher as well. and also some new shocks.
    now i can climb dodgy muddy banks at dodgy angles and it climbs fine!
    on this one bank before i had to give it some as it wheelspun a bit. but today i was doing 1 or 2mph and it just went up absolutely no prob:
    see pics from a bit further down a chalky road. captain chaos will know about this one
    is that the route from coldharbour up to the tower?
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos
      im useless with names.
      it starts from shere down a [T] dead end signposted lane, under a bridge a little way in then goes up a dodgy hill that always has your wheels off the floor like in the pictures. then once at the top you got banks either side of the main bit and its very muddy. there is a puddle that is as large as a lake, and has water halfway up the door if you go in the middle. to get out you have to go through width restrictions that have massive rectangular stone blocks in the floor that shake you about a lot.
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

im useless with names.
        it starts from shere down a [T] dead end signposted lane, under a bridge a little way in then goes up a dodgy hill that always has your wheels off the floor like in the pictures. then once at the top you got banks either side of the main bit and its very muddy. there is a puddle that is as large as a lake, and has water halfway up the door if you go in the middle. to get out you have to go through width restrictions that have massive rectangular stone blocks in the floor that shake you about a lot.
        haven't been down that lane, looks good though
        Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

its Crazy!!! when are you coming up next? ill show you
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

im useless with names.
            Looking at Mem Map there are two more just north of there.
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
              Looking at Mem Map there are two more just north of there.
              more than that mate. when are you coming down we can all go out
              if you come out the bottom of that chalk hill and do a left there is a pub, do a left there and it goes on for ages along the a25. if you go past the 'ye olde pube' until you get to another pub, do a right here and a bit further down there is a lane that starts on your left. also some nice person leaves home made cakes and stuff outside on a stall for people to buy.
              but last time i went there as well as the cakes there was a note that said 'to the person that stole the whole stall yesterday, please can i have my plates and cutlery back'
              someone was very out of order there
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

more than that mate. when are you coming down we can all go out
                if you come out the bottom of that chalk hill and do a left there is a pub, do a left there and it goes on for ages along the a25. if you go past the 'ye olde pube' until you get to another pub, do a right here and a bit further down there is a lane that starts on your left. also some nice person leaves home made cakes and stuff outside on a stall for people to buy.
                but last time i went there as well as the cakes there was a note that said 'to the person that stole the whole stall yesterday, please can i have my plates and cutlery back'
                someone was very out of order there
                Down ?????? don't you mean UP ?

I usually pass that neck of the woods as fast as Hippo can go - junction 10 of the Carpark is not my favourite area

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos
                  oh sorry, i wouldnt know - ive not seen that film!
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Down ?????? don't you mean UP ?

I usually pass that neck of the woods as fast as Hippo can go - junction 10 of the Carpark is not my favourite area

Trev
                    haha you joker. juction 9 is the leatherhead one...whats wrong with up here then
                    leatherhead, boxhill area is alright i thought? its closer in london like sutton and croydon thats $$$$
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

haha you joker. juction 9 is the leatherhead one...whats wrong with up here then
                      leatherhead, boxhill area is alright i thought? its closer in london like sutton and croydon thats $$$$
                      I work at Chertsey (well someone has to), was looking at the approach of J10 onto A3 southbound, B2039 to East Horsley and dropping down by Combe Bottom.

Looking at the map I might have a mosey up to Ewhurst and up through Winterfold Wood to Shere - I'll have a think about it.

Trev

Comment

I work at Chertsey (well someone has to), was looking at the approach of J10 onto A3 southbound, B2039 to East Horsley and dropping down by Combe Bottom.

Looking at the map I might have a mosey up to Ewhurst and up through Winterfold Wood to Shere - I'll have a think about it.

Trev
                        blimey! its that bad you have to think hard!?
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

blimey! its that bad you have to think hard!?
                          Hippo's my sole form of transport, so I have to consider my offroading a bit more now.

Trev

Comment

Trev

There was a good pub up on the hill above Ewhurst, the anoying thing is i cannot remember its name...........and i was a firefighter in cranleigh for six years
                            there is a road by send prison , but watch out for the pheasants ,that will take you to shere but i haven't traveled that way for 10 + Years
                            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                              but watch out for the pheasants
                              Is that Pheasants as in feathered, flying fodder ? or Peasants as in locals ?

Comment

Working...
                              X