Parking Sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Sensors

Hello people, I put a set of four parking sensors on my truck today, but being a bit numb, forgot I have a rear mounted spare, and yes they sound DANGER all the time !
    I sort of got round this by disabling two sensors, but would really like all four in operation..... Ideas anyone ????

Can you set the two that are causing the problem at a slight down angle therfore the beam misses the wheel. I have seen that they sell a wedge type things with some sets so you can adjust them.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
      Can you set the two that are causing the problem at a slight down angle therfore the beam misses the wheel. I have seen that they sell a wedge type things with some sets so you can adjust them.

Mark
      Sssoooo thats what those little wedges are for .......Big Thanks and will have a tinker tomorrow

Comment

you can also ajust them in the control box..
        john

if you just point them down they will pick up the floor,
        i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Originally posted by johnd
          you can also ajust them in the control box..
          john

if you just point them down they will pick up the floor,
          OK but will the control box adust the angle or the sensitivity ?

Comment

it will alter the sensertivity but the ones we used to fit had a top mark on them as the field was more of a flat disc and looking at my surf they would not pick up the spare.
            plus you dont need them to be beeping 10 foot away from a wall .
            give it a try and mark them first then you can put it back if not working...
            john//
            i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Working...
            X