Rear Window Motor Repaired.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Window Motor Repaired.

As mentioned yesterday my rear window went down okay but wouldn't go back up! Bit the bullet today and removed the motor and stripped it down, wasn't as bad as I anticipated, luckily I've got small hands otherwise getting to the bolts that hold the motor on would have been a nightmare!

Found the rubber spacer and metal drive disk had parted company. I've glued them back together and clamped them with some mole grips so hopefully when it goes back together tomorrow everything should be okay.

Took some pics but I think someone's already posted a 'how to' thread so haven't posted them.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Originally posted by Copycat
    As mentioned yesterday my rear window went down okay but wouldn't go back up! Bit the bullet today and removed the motor and stripped it down, wasn't as bad as I anticipated, luckily I've got small hands otherwise getting to the bolts that hold the motor on would have been a nightmare!

Found the rubber spacer and metal drive disk had parted company. I've glued them back together and clamped them with some mole grips so hopefully when it goes back together tomorrow everything should be okay.

Took some pics but I think someone's already posted a 'how to' thread so haven't posted them.
    Never mind that, cant have enough pic's of how to do things,
    I'd have a job then! my hand's are like a bunch of bananas
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
    X