X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish hospitality at its best!!

AN INVITATION TO ALL

28th and 29th JULY 2007

Beer, barbecue, bonfire might even have time for some off road driving!!!!
    And we'll catch and skin the haggis!!!!!!!!!!

As some will know,we're trying to organise a meeting up here in Scotland.
    Now that don't mean you have to be Scottish.

Drumclog has somethin for everyone and there's camping included in the price.(hopefully £15 or £20 per day). There are bed and breakfasts, and hotels all quite close by, for those who like their home comforts.

Drumclog is just outside the town of Strathaven. From Carlisle its just under an hour an a half ( M74),if thats any indication on distance. So those oop north have no excuse,it takes me 2 hours and i've to get a ferry from where i stay!!!

The site is based on a farm and extends to 1500 acres so mare than plenty of scope to get lost and with Scotty leading us out who knows where he'll take us.

Trying to get numbers together so see everyone there.

Here's a wee taster video for you........................... GO ON YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO
    Surf Scotland
    Last edited by smiffy; 22 June 2007, 23:51.
    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Was going on holiday leaving that weekend but managed to delay using the Forth road bridge repairs as a smoke screen. 'Tiss Oor Ann's birthday that weekend but I played the scolded puppy card and a promise to take her out for dinner and that worked....Drumclog was ON, even if Saturday only

THEN!

I am informed last Thursday the one sea fishing trip I do every year lands that weekend so Troon / Ireland wins.

Have a great weekend guys, I know you will.

Comment

Originally posted by AuldNick
      Was going on holiday leaving that weekend but managed to delay using the Forth road bridge repairs as a smoke screen. 'Tiss Oor Ann's birthday that weekend but I played the scolded puppy card and a promise to take her out for dinner and that worked....Drumclog was ON, even if Saturday only

THEN!

I am informed last Thursday the one sea fishing trip I do every year lands that weekend so Troon / Ireland wins.

Have a great weekend guys, I know you will.
      ja big jessy

sittin in a boat aw day, wae seeguls $$$$in aw oer ye,

whits rang wa ya man.

BTW might still get ya to look at the surf.

cheers scotty

Comment

Honestly scunnered at missing this Scotty but there will be another time I'm sure.

Think of me when you guys are playing in the mud and I am up at 4am still $$$$ed from Friday, bobbling about in a boat 'till 6pm then out on the ran 'till 4am again, it's like a missing weekend with box of fish flung in.

Comment

so do ya buy the fish once yer back on shore,

or is the missus happy as long as its battered and got brown sauce on it when you bring it in.

a know aw aboot these fishin weekends

cheers scotty

Comment

'tiss a fun fish called McKerrell, you know what they are like.

I use them as a Hotel rating kinda like Egon Ronay in reverse IE good = no fish and bad = 5 fish behind the radiator and 1 stuffed in the mattress.

Come to think of it, somebody stole my fish last year

Comment

You 2 lads should start a comedy act!

Just a quick Scottish based question tho'. We spent 5 glorious days in Oban last year and hardly anyone we spoke to anyone who had a Scottish accent! What's all that about?

Please no anti English comments lads!
              Last edited by Scorpion; 23 June 2007, 09:38.
              'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Oban, ah......... the place of the white settlers.

Comment

Och now twood be the tourist season to be sure an just foool of them.
                  www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

I have just come off the phone before reading this thread and taken a wedding booking whole house full of B&B it will depend on shifts and the like will discuss with wife tomight and see if I can get away.

If I'd read this first I'd have turned the booking down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Where there's a will theres a way.

Comment

Nowt up wi Oban, I lived there (Breadalbane Street) for a few months while working on the generators way down in Cruachan power station 15 years ago. There are some Scots up there but for some reason they chose to talk the Edinburgh "twang" which is a souless UK speak kinda like Londons "brolly" the suits use.

Comment

My cousins lived there most of her life I go shopping there now then.

Love oban.

Comment

Smiffy It would seem to be official despite the wedding booking Missus has told me to go

I tried you link but it didn't work page unable to be displayed

Cheers JB

Comment

Originally posted by Highlander1
                            Smiffy It would seem to be official despite the wedding booking Missus has told me to go

I tried you link but it didn't work page unable to be displayed

Cheers JB
                            Nice one John,you must have been sulking so much she wants you out the way. I find that usually works : thumbsup:

Try this Link

Comment

Cheers Smiffy

See you there will bring the whisky

Comment

Working...
                              X