yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ipod and mobile phone - where can i put them???!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipod and mobile phone - where can i put them???!

Hi,
    Know this is a minor issue - but Im stumped....I have lovely Nano full of great tunes which slip slides all round shiny walnut trim .....I have Nokia which slip slides around my lap - til i get out and drop it from great height....
    What do you all use to keep these essential gadgets tidy and safe in your smurfs?

Im thinking about pulling out the two compartments under stereo and mounting a tilting platform which could be folded back into space when parked and also hiding all wires......but hubby is rolling eyes at me....too much to ask?

surely one of you clever chaps have found the ideal tidy solution?
    many thanks

i put the phone in the bit in the centre in between the arm rest box and the gear levers and rear window switch.
    mine dont fall about anywhere there.
    your nano would do fine there if it was just the nano and the phone i bet.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyppe
      i put the phone in the bit in the centre in between the arm rest box and the gear levers and rear window switch.
      mine dont fall about anywhere there.
      your nano would do fine there if it was just the nano and the phone i bet.
      They have a 3rd gen mate. I dont think they benefit from little storage spaces down there cuz of there 'proper' handbrake.

You could get some of those mobile phone holders that clip into the airvents?!? one on the left for the nano and one on the right for your mobile! There only a couple of quid!

Comment

Originally posted by babooshka
        Hi,
        Know this is a minor issue - but Im stumped....I have lovely Nano full of great tunes which slip slides all round shiny walnut trim .....I have Nokia which slip slides around my lap - til i get out and drop it from great height....
        What do you all use to keep these essential gadgets tidy and safe in your smurfs?

Im thinking about pulling out the two compartments under stereo and mounting a tilting platform which could be folded back into space when parked and also hiding all wires......but hubby is rolling eyes at me....too much to ask?

surely one of you clever chaps have found the ideal tidy solution?
        many thanks
        The phone should be switched off and in the glove box when you're driving!

Comment

I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Originally posted by kiowa

Kiowa - that's just what i need!! but knowing my luck would also manage to glue phone to ear as well !

(I'll probably get in in the neck from bushwacker for that one too!! )

Comment

I like the air vent idea Rodleach but i wont be able to see displays whilst driving....

(Im gonna get in so much trouble for that!)

Thanks for all your help guys, sorry to be so fussy xx

Comment

Originally posted by babooshka
                Kiowa - that's just what i need!! but knowing my luck would also manage to glue phone to ear as well !

(I'll probably get in in the neck from bushwacker for that one too!! )

So where do you want it then, ear or neck?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  So where do you want it then, ear or neck?
                  I asked for that!!

Comment

My 3rd GEN has more storage around the dashboard & handbrake area than my old 2nd gen. You could buy a BLUETOOTH Stereo which will pair with your phone for that HANDSFREE safety issue IPOD will go in the little pull down front Storage area under the stereo. JOBS DONE!
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                      My 3rd GEN has more storage around the dashboard & handbrake area than my old 2nd gen. You could buy a BLUETOOTH Stereo which will pair with your phone for that HANDSFREE safety issue IPOD will go in the little pull down front Storage area under the stereo. JOBS DONE!
                      Thanks Marky, I use my phone on loudspeaker - all the time - just need to be able to reach/see display - for emergencies - not chattering!
                      My ipod wire has been plumbed into back of super duper headunit but the awful white wire comes out in that stupid space underneath coin tray and ciggarette lighter...
                      What a stupid design fault that is - anything you could fit in the space always falls out coz its slanted

sorry, rant over! appreciate your help

Comment

Buy a phone holder from Halfrauds as already said which clips into the heating vent. Also what year is your 3rd gen.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                        (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                        X