Urban Myth, Nikki look in please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chillitt
    Calcium carbonate is the one (alledgedly) used in old bicycle lights and caving lights. gives of acetylene when it gets wet, I think.

It's calcium carbide actually !

I've got a huge tin of it in the loft leftover from my shooting days - when you burn the acetylene it gives a really sooty flame which is great for blacking the sights (Don't look at the flame though cos you won't be able to hit a barn door for quite a while !)

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob

It's calcium carbide actually !

I've got a huge tin of it in the loft leftover from my shooting days - when you burn the acetylene it gives a really sooty flame which is great for blacking the sights (Don't look at the flame though cos you won't be able to hit a barn door for quite a while !)

thats why they were called carbide lamps... I should know that I used to sell the stuff!!!

Good job none of us would do this now,eh?
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt

Good job none of us would do this now,eh?

Wait until I have a seagull problem ........

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob

Wait until I have a seagull problem ........

come to where I work, we got plenty.
          Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Your right it is aspirin but the parrotseatemol.

Comment

we tried the analgesics, but they kept falling out...
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

this goes on my list of things to do. aswel as cow tipping but its not good for the cows
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsy
                  Your right it is aspirin but the parrotseatemol.
                  Hiya Mitsy, I think the opening line should be, 'Why are there no aspirin in the jungle'?
                  'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
                    Hiya Mitsy, I think the opening line should be, 'Why are there no aspirin in the jungle'?
                    is it also true if you look a seagull in the eye, and he's close enough he'll peckyour eye out?
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Ye i now that mate but we were on about pidgins so i couldn't tell the joke about parrots . , i liked it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsy
                        Ye i now that mate but we were on about pidgins so i couldn't tell the joke about parrots . , i liked it anyway.
                        Ahhhhhhhh! Female logic, you'll have to forgive me Mitsy, I've never managed to work that out!
                        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Ahhhhhhhh! Female logic, you'll have to forgive me Mitsy, I've never managed to work that out!
                          HA BL00DY HA

Comment

you can push a cow over, but not "tip" it...

i dunno if they sleep standing up, but they kinda doze... you can sneak up on them but they always look round as you get close... then you have to chase them...

they go mad if you jump on their back, but if you can get chasing them sideways, they fall over
                            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                              you can push a cow over, but not "tip" it...

i dunno if they sleep standing up, but they kinda doze... you can sneak up on them but they always look round as you get close... then you have to chase them...

they go mad if you jump on their back, but if you can get chasing them sideways, they fall over
                              haha sounds like youve had some fun! come out with us tomorrow night hehe
                              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                                What I want to know is why you're trying to sneak up behind a cow whilst it's dozing? Btw, the welly trick won't work on them either.

Comment

Working...
                                X