Memory Map & GPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Map & GPS

Just put memory map for Wales and the midlands on my laptop and found that my Garmin GPS interfaces with it and drives the moving map great!

Hey Lovely Boyo, we wont be needing any help from Astras next time you lead us on a run
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Yeah. Who needs tomtom

I had the same set up. Never got to use it for off road since i was only borrowing the laptop. You can get Autoroute for the laptop as well that'll connect to your GPS for on road driving.

Technology dont ya just love it ( when it workin that is)
    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Memory Map doesn't actually support TomTom as far as I can see.

I guess the ability of my Garmin to drive proper navigation tools offsets its lack of novelty voices
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

hi apacha !! is ther any way that u can send tomtom to a remote moniter???

Comment

Originally posted by joymic
          hi apacha !! is ther any way that u can send tomtom to a remote moniter???
          with my tom tom one i can down load any programmed routes i've done to my desktop puter with the program that come with it
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

all this talk about memory map has reminded me ive got a lap top what else do i need to use memory map and how do i get it up and running.???
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
              all this talk about memory map has reminded me ive got a lap top what else do i need to use memory map and how do i get it up and running.???
              i don't know it's taken 6 months just to work out the thing i got

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                i don't know it's taken 6 months just to work out the thing i got
                thats coz of them pills.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

thats coz of them pills.
                  oh no it's just that i'm thick and not technically minded

Comment

oh no it's just that i'm thick and not technically minded
                    i wasnt going to say that but seeing as you did,i have to agree. hows the hip coming along anyway mate.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

i wasnt going to say that but seeing as you did,i have to agree. hows the hip coming along anyway mate.
                      not very good at the moment as the bone hasn't fused together and i have to go back for another xray and see consultant in 4 weeks and may have to go in for another operation.On top of all that i am now on the social cause all my sick leave is used up and i am off for at least another 3 months

Comment

not very good at the moment as the bone hasn't fused together and i have to go back for another xray and see consultant in 4 weeks and may have to go in for another operation.On top of all that i am now on the social cause all my sick leave is used up and i am off for at least another 3 months
                        aw $$$$ mate thats bad news.so it dont look like your gonna be mended for the rtts are ya.
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

All you need is your laptop / pc - a memory map disc (ebay about £10 - original) and a blue tooth or usb GPS receiver - again about £10 ebay.
                          Ive got memory map on my pc and upload the maps via sd card to my PDA (navman with built in GPS receiver). Great for walking holidays in the lakes!!

The 3D tool and fly-by mode of memory map are cool and very helpfull if you are not familliar with reading map height details (like me!!)
                          Last edited by jaky cakes; 19 June 2007, 22:08.
                          Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes
                            All you need is your laptop / pc - a memory map disc (ebay about £10 - original) and a blue tooth or usb GPS receiver - again about £10 ebay.
                            Ive got memory map on my pc and upload the maps via sd card to my PDA (nanman with built in GPS receiver). Great for walking holidays in the lakes!!

The 3D tool and fly-by mode of memory map are cool and very helpfull if you are not familliar with reading map height details (like me!!)
                            excellent.cheers mate.
                            www.overfab.uk

Comment

aw $$$$ mate thats bad news.so it dont look like your gonna be mended for the rtts are ya.
                              I will be going down to mark up some hard bits of the course before hand for those who want a bit of a challenge and everyone else can just play as they want,but if i can't drive it then i will still enjoy it watching if everyone else enjoys themselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X