Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amber side lights

Is it legal to have amber sidelights?

I was thinking it would look cool to fit the indicator sidelight unit off a preface lift 2nd gen to a facelift 2nd gen so that you still have proper sidelights etc but with a solid amber light aswell ala American trucks.

Just not 100% on the laws over here regarding solid amber lights.

Originally posted by RodLeach
    Is it legal to have amber sidelights?

I was thinking it would look cool to fit the indicator sidelight unit off a preface lift 2nd gen to a facelift 2nd gen so that you still have proper sidelights etc but with a solid amber light aswell ala American trucks.

i dunno about that. but i remember years ago almost every cars headlights were a funky yellow colour!
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Is it legal to have amber sidelights? .
      Yes it is..... but the wattage must not be greater than 5w

Don't know about that one, might be a bit near the side repeater & be a bit confusing, I've got some side markers on the side steps wired into the side light circuit
      Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Any pics? I was thinking of that sort of thing....
        1993 HiLux Surf (mine)
        1998 RAV4 (hers)

Comment

I havent had any probs with the old bill.I have three amber running lights on each side step
          I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

I have someting similar on my side steps but they are clear while lights so i dont use them ive been looking to get some amber paint for them.

Comment

Dont think it illeagle, bushwacker did it a while ago, and i'm thinking of doing it while i got it in bits, you'll need amber (chrome look) bulbs for the indicators(which were the side lights,) think vince got a comment at mot time but he pointed out that new landrovers have this set up as do many yanks,
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

What i wanted to do is fit these http://www.toyotahilux.com/?doc=16&cid=136&vid=832

Keeping the indicators as they are (bumper/wing) and sidelights as they are just fit these prefacelift units and keep the indicator part on a solid beam for the lights... if that makes sense

Comment

hi i have amber lights in mine, i just replaced the side lights with 5w
                  amber blubs you can get them at halfords they are 501 side light blubs.
                  had mine MOT last week. and the MOT man said you can have white or amber
                  at the front, been runing mine like this for a year now.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyaj
                    hi i have amber lights in mine, i just replaced the side lights with 5w
                    amber blubs you can get them at halfords they are 501 side light blubs.
                    had mine MOT last week. and the MOT man said you can have white or amber
                    at the front, been runing mine like this for a year now.

Ahh! Seems alright then?!? Ive just had 12 months MOT put on it...so as long as the local plod dont mind it...

Comment

here is a photo of my truck

Comment

Awesome truck mate!! An that is exactly the look i want!!

Comment

Stuck my 501 amber bulbs in today. Got them F.O.C from work

Just waiting for dark o clock now
                          www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Is that marker lights you got on the mirrors or just reflection? ideas
                            truck looks good BTW
                            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                              Is that marker lights you got on the mirrors or just reflection? ideas
                              truck looks good BTW

hmmnn i hadn't noticed that before.. that does look good! Would be a bit awkward though!! I go bloomin mad for the roof clearance lights on top of most american trucks! They are just AMAZING

Comment

Working...
                              X