roof platform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roof platform?

I have seen a surf with a roof platform and a ladder on the rear, i just can't remember where. Has any one seen where you can get one and if it's a good idea?

I'm just wondering how to have a ladder on the rear of a Surf with the drop down tailgate. Come to think of how do they with the side hinged tailgates. Only ever had one on a customised CF van. Used to get the deck chairs up there to watch the banger racing
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Toyota did do a full roof platform/rack but you can get a full rack from Thule. Only problem is mounting it to the car as there are no gutters at the rear. If you want to go full length then you can buy some rails from www.4x4accessoriesandtyres.com or from the states and as long as you don't have a sunroof then it's easy as they mount from above. If you do have a sunroof you are best to take down the headlining to make sure you don't damage the tracks when drilling. You could then fit a Thule Lappland or xplorer rack or one of the ones from the states.

You could probably fit a rear ladder but you would need to fit it to the rack or roof with a hinge so that it could be hinged out of the way to open the tailgate. Would need a stay on it as well so it doesn't drop on your head. Probably one off a Trooper or Shogun would do the job.

Cheers

Comment

walking on air

............and just why would anyone want to walk on the roof of their car...........?

Comment

Originally posted by robnw67
          ............and just why would anyone want to walk on the roof of their car...........?
          Street Surfing on a Surf of course!!!

Cheers

Comment

1) Very handy for those with public address systems for viewing/commentating at public events.
            2) Great for sunbathing when the beach is full.
            3) Excellent vantage point for nosing into other people property.
            4) er...........You did ask!
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Painter

Actually thinking about it, I did recently see a programme where some Artist chappy travelled around the country in........um.......another vehicle (LR) with a roof platform. He just sat up there, waited for the sun to rise and started painting.

SO I suppose roof squatting might be a good idea....................?

Comment

Actually thinking about it, I did recently see a programme where some Artist chappy travelled around the country in........um.......another vehicle (LR) with a roof platform. He just sat up there, waited for the sun to rise and started painting.

SO I suppose roof squatting might be a good idea....................?
                why didn't he just have another hour or so in bed?... the sun would already be up then!
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                X