Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Woodzie

Hi mate,

Have been down to Boscombe again today, and came down via Marlborough and Netheravon.

Just wondering if there are any nice lanes I could do on my way down instead of the public highways? Nothing where I'm likely to get stuck, just a nice bit of offroad to put me in the mood for boring meetings, and something to look forward to on the way home?

Whatcha got?
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Originally posted by Apache
    Hi mate,

Have been down to Boscombe again today, and came down via Marlborough and Netheravon.

Just wondering if there are any nice lanes I could do on my way down instead of the public highways? Nothing where I'm likely to get stuck, just a nice bit of offroad to put me in the mood for boring meetings, and something to look forward to on the way home?

Whatcha got?
    there is one near marlborough.have a word with mudsurfer,he knows where it is.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

I'd be looking for something that runs North - South and takes me more or less in the direction I want to go. There's LOADS of tracks down there, it would be cool to have some fun on the way to interminably dull meetings!

Would also be fun to park next to the Vectras and Mondeos in a freshly muddy truck too

Comment

He is at work till 10, will probably log on after 22.30 ish.
        Working at last.......

Comment

The only one that may suit is the ridgeway .......And i think some parts of it are closed ........you could pick it up on the A4 between beckhampton and marlborough
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

I'll check it out on a suitable map.

Is it just closed when there's 'stuff' going on, or permanently?

Comment

I'll check it out on a suitable map.

Is it just closed when there's 'stuff' going on, or permanently?
              I think the closures are seasonal ........the beckhampton end is closed oct to april , but you may find others further North
              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Any chance of scanning a map for me?

Comment

Any chance of scanning a map for me?
                  My computer is playing up /AOL........If you go to the ordinance survey site and request a map for avebury
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

OK, got that, can see the ridgeway running north / south about a click east of west kennet...

Comment

OK, got that, can see the ridgeway running north / south about a click east of west kennet...
                      Thats it ....i have only been about 4 miles up the track and its all gravel ......some of the byways off of it are nasty though
                      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Will have a look on the way back one afternoon. Got time to kill then, but dont want to try it on the way down and get so far and find it closed. Might miss a meeting - god forbid!

Comment

Working...
                        X