Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for the RC Pilots out there

Hows this ?
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Very cool indeed!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
      Very cool indeed!
      [Apache was last seen with an evil grin, and a model airplane heading for the Dartford Tunnel]
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Canny bit of flying that.

My father & I used to fly years ago. He used to fly a Curare 60 just after it won the world aerobatic championship. God it could shift.

Had a look around the north east a couple of years ago to see if there was any clubs still flying. Didn't find much so started running the nitro racers instead . Just for fun mind you.

Still fancy flying again if i could find somewhere.
        Which Wychwood would you choose?

Comment

Go electric and head for your nearest big patch of grass!

I used to fly glow engined stuff but these days I cant be a$$ed with the mess and noise, and electric can really perform these days.

Try a fast electric soarer if thats your bag (how about 140mph and a climb rate similar to that! - thats what I get from my Reichard Sprinter) or something daft cheap like a Formosa pattern ship overpowered with a huge brushless for completely bonkers high spin rate hovering

It's amazing how electric has come along in the last 10 years!

Comment

I used to fly glow engined stuff but these days I cant be a$$ed with the mess and noise, and electric can really perform these days.

Try a fast electric soarer if thats your bag (how about 140mph and a climb rate similar to that! - thats what I get from my Reichard Sprinter) or something daft cheap like a Formosa pattern ship overpowered with a huge brushless for completely bonkers high spin rate hovering

I noticed that more & more places are selling electric over nitro. There is a large park just at the back of were i live, but its a type of place that you cant use nitro. So, electric may be the answer. I was just never sure what they are like.
            But with your recommendations i think i will have a better look at whats available.

cheers Apache

Comment

I'll try and get some video of my formosa.

You hold it vertical in front of you, open the throttle and let go. The power to weight is probably about 3:1 and it will do literally anything! Roll rate is about 3 per second, it will loop in about 6ft diameter etc etc and can be slowed to walking pace in full(ish!) control.

Good fun and cheap!

Airframe is about £18, and the motor can be from £20 upwards depending on how nuts you wanna go!

Comment

very good!
                and nice cheesy quaver music from Scooter
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

For the time being I'll stick to the glow fuel Got fed up burning out speed controllers and wasting lipo cell packs aint got the knack yet.
                  www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

2 Questions 1) Where do you plug it in. 2) How longs the Extension Lead
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Cheers Apache, would be good to see what the elctric's fly like. Going by the video above, they handle well. Much cheaper that nitro as well.

Mind you, after being out of RC for so long, when i started the cars the first wiff of fuel brought back all the memories.
                      Last edited by hobgoblin; 19 June 2007, 18:39.

Comment

I'll try and get some video of my formosa.

You hold it vertical in front of you, open the throttle and let go. The power to weight is probably about 3:1 and it will do literally anything! Roll rate is about 3 per second, it will loop in about 6ft diameter etc etc and can be slowed to walking pace in full(ish!) control.

Good fun and cheap!

Airframe is about £18, and the motor can be from £20 upwards depending on how nuts you wanna go!
                        (Warning RC newbie here)

Sounds great!

How much for a complete kit e.g. aircraft / remote controller / etc, and where from??
                        Paul </Slugsie>
                        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
                          (Warning RC newbie here)

Sounds great!

How much for a complete kit e.g. aircraft / remote controller / etc, and where from??
                          I have some links on my laptop at home which i will post later today. I've used them for car parts before but they do have aircraft kits. I'll be looking when i get a chance

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
                            (Warning RC newbie here)

Sounds great!

You DONT wanna be starting with something like that!

However, there are a lot of good kits around which contain everything you need to get going for around the £100 mark. Some of them are surprisingly capable!

Pick up a copy of RCM&E and have a look at advertisers such as Slough Radio Control Models and Al's Hobbies.

Comment

Al's Hobbies are doing a ready to fly trainer complete with engine and all the bits for£130 pounds you would be best to join a local club and take it along otherwise you will be taking it home in a bin bag.
                              www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Working...
                              X