Ray Mears on 4x4's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray Mears on 4x4's

Picked this up on another forum, Yes I know it's a LR but he does make a very good point which goes someway to evening the score against those who would restrict our freedom of choice!

http://www.channel4.com/4car/ft/feat..._car_130607_a1
    Last edited by plumb bob; 17 June 2007, 00:45.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Hopefully more people will listen to that and rethink their really rather out of date views...

I do have a bit of an issue with the RRs and LRs in town, saw one yesterday in the car park of Sainsbury's. I'd just been out on a couple of local lanes getting some fresh mud everywhere after all this rain, so the truck was filthy - then this posh bird turns up in a shiney new LR3 and practically sneers at me....the cheek of it...

Worse hers is ever going to see is the gravel drive leading to her house.....still, her choice of car, she must have bought it for a reason!
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

I love this quote: 'Serious 4x4s. - usually Land Rovers, but occasionally a Toyota Land Cruiser or Nissan Patrol'.
      Last edited by Scorpion; 17 June 2007, 11:30.
      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
        Hopefully more people will listen to that and rethink their really rather out of date views...

I do have a bit of an issue with the RRs and LRs in town, saw one yesterday in the car park of Sainsbury's. I'd just been out on a couple of local lanes getting some fresh mud everywhere after all this rain, so the truck was filthy - then this posh bird turns up in a shiney new LR3 and practically sneers at me....the cheek of it...

Worse hers is ever going to see is the gravel drive leading to her house.....still, her choice of car, she must have bought it for a reason!

freedom of choice andy thats what its all about ,some people might take offence of us using how 4x4's for pleasure in the countryside
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
          I love this quote: 'Serious 4x4s. - usually Land Rovers, but occasionally a Toyota Land Cruiser or Nissan Patrol'.

I guess he's a LR man cos he likes to "buy British" even though we don't have a car industry any more, but it keeps people in work, so give him credit for that, or the production people get a "deal" for using them.
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Working...
          X