No announcement yet.

A thought about charities / sponsorship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the forum is now at the stage where most charties are at, How to raise those extra pennies without offending or alienating people.

All the guys and girlks on here support one or another charity, and they are all deserving, the forum has two decisions to make,

1 who to support ( we all need donations)

2 how to make donations ( we don't want to take from those who may not be in the position to give)

however, wether its decided to procede with this idea or not, I for one would like to say a big THANKS for at least thinking of it and taking time to consider how to raise money for others.

Tony
    www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

How about this:

We set up the just giving page anyway.
      We all put forward suggestions for day events for fundraising
      We do have raffles etc
      We maintain a list of charities that we will divide the pot between
      10% of all we raise, per quarter goes to the forum

Still open to other suggestions, but I think this allows all of us to give what we can, when we can and how we like, no restrictions, no alientation and certainly no naming and shaming for those who can't afford it.

Let's just try it and see how it goes and maybe, Koi could have a charity section for us to come up with suggestions for days out, events etc and vote on them, keeps it all in one place and easier to keep track of...

What do you all think?
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        That's what I suggested this morning in the 'fines' thread, but as usual, it fell on deaf ears.
        sorry mate
        but you need to say it LOUDER to these kids
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

Wow! 5 pages!

When I mentioned this, I wasn't suggesting that we ran something like 'fines week' continuously, and nailing people for faux-pas on the forum. Some of you would be skint in no time!

I was just gauging interest for a *BIG* event, say a long distance drive (on or offroad - whatever gets highest profile), and getting sponsorship from the great unwashed British public.

So, again - any and all suggestions welcome!
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
            Wow! 5 pages!

When I mentioned this, I wasn't suggesting that we ran something like 'fines week' continuously, and nailing people for faux-pas on the forum. Some of you would be skint in no time!

I was just gauging interest for a *BIG* event, say a long distance drive (on or offroad - whatever gets highest profile), and getting sponsorship from the great unwashed British public.

So, again - any and all suggestions welcome!
            i will do it with you
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

well firstly to be noticed it needs to be done in big numbers witch looking at this forum i think ya got the numbers
              make a surf train longist line of surf off roading at any one time find how many we need brake a few world records in doing so get noticed hit companys to sponser a surf with there company name on it place's like toyota will show intrest most tire companys will too like bf goodrich goodyear
              and so on any part that a surf use's hit them companys for support first

sorry for spelling dylixic (no fines please )
              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

On a certain Mitsi forum they have a charity coordinator and if we are thinking about raising money for charity then we will need someone just for doing that.
                I was thinking that we already help out the Mac4x4 guys so how about we carry on with that for 6months of the year or whatever amount of time and then for 6 months or whatever we raise money for another charity.The charities can then be picked via a poll each year and then the coordinator just has to arrange what events etc will be done to raise money
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
                  On a certain Mitsi forum they have a charity coordinator and if we are thinking about raising money for charity then we will need someone just for doing that.
                  I was thinking that we already help out the Mac4x4 guys so how about we carry on with that for 6months of the year or whatever amount of time and then for 6 months or whatever we raise money for another charity.The charities can then be picked via a poll each year and then the coordinator just has to arrange what events etc will be done to raise money
                  sounds fare way of doing things
                  am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Does sound fair, but I would like to do one for MS pretty soon (which is why I started the thread).

My dad suffers severely (paralysed legs, one arm, approaching blindness), and is well into his late 60's now so I'd like to do something while he's still around to know about it.
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Does sound fair, but I would like to do one for MS pretty soon (which is why I started the thread).

My dad suffers severely (paralysed legs, one arm, approaching blindness), and is well into his late 60's now so I'd like to do something while he's still around to know about it.
                      andy cant you contact an MS charity and see if they do fund raising events for there charity , val done an abseil of 450 ft for the anthony nolan trust:batman
                      Last edited by joker??; 2 October 2007, 16:50.
                      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

There is plenty of time before the Mac4x4 Andy so why not start the ball rolling and i'm sure a load of us will be willing to donate/sponsor whatever you want to do.
                        I'm sure others have got ideas on what we can do to raise money for charity so come on guys put your ideas down and lets start raising for Andies charity MS
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

How about Bliss and / or Scope

http://www.bliss.org.uk/

http://www.scope.org.uk/

As I think some of you know our baby Ben was born at only 23 weeks so spent ages in various Hospitals around the south coast, he's now 18 months old but still very small and is on Oxygen at nights. He is doing very well but a couple of weeks ago we were informed had Cerebral Palsy, which came out of the blue really. We thought he was normal and doing fine.

He is bright as a button and really lets us know what he wants and is always happy, so it's not all bad, we are hopefull he will only be milddly affected

Our little Star

I Love Wales

Comment

He is so sweet looking, hope it is a mild form too.
                            I volunteer to do a sponsored truck drowning contest, just need a few trucks to do it with.
                            Working at last.......

Comment

Originally posted by LURCH
                              He is so sweet looking, hope it is a mild form too.
                              I volunteer to do a sponsored truck drowning contest, just need a few trucks to do it with.
                              You're not having mine, I can break mine all by myself. I could auction squeaky for charity, but the highest bidder so far is Mark with a bid of half a sausage roll Like the idea of a charity co-ordinator. It just proves that not all 4x4 owners are evil, as the hype would have people belive.
                              Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

As you must all know Guide Dogs are fundraiseing contnualy as we need 45 million a year to run and thats with only 900 paid staff out of 11,000 peole involved with them.

Now the point of this post is, does anyone know of a 4x4 venue, Essex- Suffolk border, that would help out with a BLIND off road day.

I had better explain that we run these elsewhere, in the form of blind or blind folded driver taking instructions from sighted guides.

Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted

Tony and pup Chloe
                                www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X