A thought about charities / sponsorship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fatfires
    can I nominate CLIC (thinks that how it is) 'childrens leukemia' or add it to no3?
    Well added that man!!!!!
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

can i add the FIRE SERVICES NATIONAL BENEVOLENT FUND to the list as firefighters do a good job for us they see and do thing we never consider doing in the line of duty
      cheers shaun
      NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

Originally posted by surfboyshaun
        can i add the FIRE SERVICES NATIONAL BENEVOLENT FUND to the list as firefighters do a good job for us they see and do thing we never consider doing in the line of duty
        cheers shaun
        does that mean you are/were in the service?
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

no i am not in the service but my father is he a watch manager for green watch control dsfrs he has been in the service for 30 plus years so he has seen all the changes that have gone on.

Comment

One thing worries me ........If you are going to use fines weeks are you going to drive people away
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by surfboyshaun
              no i am not in the service but my father is he a watch manager for green watch control dsfrs he has been in the service for 30 plus years so he has seen all the changes that have gone on.
              as I have been out for a couple of years now I am not up to date with the watches, but I expect I know him, I was station officer/commander/manager - take your pick at Stn 57
              Did I mention I have a BLUE one
              Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                One thing worries me ........If you are going to use fines weeks are you going to drive people away
                I think you've got a point mate! some people might not be in a situation to just hand over there hard earned, Even for these fantastic charitys!

plus you should factor in some people might not like being told to "pay up" for a spelling mistake.

I agree we as a bunch of surfers should do something to get maybe sponsorships for an off road event or somet! Rent out our passenger seats for salisbury plains & drumclog etc!

Im all for giving to charity! I just think we all need to be 100% sure about what methods we use!

Comment

I have to agree with Woodzie, there is a danger of driving people away - maybe we could offer 2 options:

1) Pay the fine
                  2) Welcome to the cellar

If the 2nd option is taken then I am sure they will be treated leniently, we wouldn't ridicule them would we ?

Trev
                  Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                    I have to agree with Woodzie, there is a danger of driving people away - maybe we could offer 2 options:

1) Pay the fine
                    2) Welcome to the cellar

If the 2nd option is taken then I am sure they will be treated leniently, we wouldn't ridicule them would we ?

Trev
                    I would
                    Enjoying Life after Cancer
                    Pops

Comment

1) Pay the fine
                      2) Welcome to the cellar

Trev
                      Problem with that is it just points out to us all who either cant/refused to give to charity!

I think it would be a good idea if we organised a salisbury plain trip (or similar) where whoever wants to be guided by "the plain yeti" pays £5 in a pot an then thats divided to the 10 or so charitys selected by the members

Comment

I like the pay to be the passenger idea

Oh please note that organising and planning events does cost ..........
                        xmas i did 3 reccies , time down the pub organising food etc.etc.....
                        Last edited by Woodzie; 16 June 2007, 19:28.
                        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Surely that depends on the driver

It could be Melons (yep in the surf on the plains)
                          It could be Lurch
                          It could be in the 50 squid special
                          It could be Lame Rover

Comment

Oh please note that organising and planning events does cost ..........
                            xmas i did 3 reccies , time down the pub organising food etc.etc.....
                            14 pints later

Seriously though woodzie did a GREAT job with the xmas run

Comment

Surely that depends on the driver

It could be Melons (yep in the surf on the plains)
                              It could be Lurch
                              It could be in the 50 squid special
                              It could be Lame Rover
                              I did mean as a specially organised event
                              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
                                as I have been out for a couple of years now I am not up to date with the watches, but I expect I know him, I was station officer/commander/manager - take your pick at Stn 57
                                his name is dave honeywill

Comment

Working...
                                X