Wading in raw sewage....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wading in raw sewage....

...most of the evening pulling cars (six including a Discovery) from the local flash flooding. Best one was a guy in a Fiesta with a brand new plasma telly in the back- "get me towed outa here quick. I'm not bothered about the car but the water's nearly reached the flippin telly!"

My uncles ground floor on his house is ruined- and all his prize koi carp are gone.....

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

gutted
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

OMG!!!!!!!!

I didn't realise it had rained that hard
        Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Bloo*y hell.

Had hardly any rain here at all. Just a little shower, but thats it.

Comment

wheres the pics of the "useless, polluting, not needed in an urban envoirnment, chelsea tractor, footballer wife posing" 4x4 coming to the rescue of all these stranded people. lol you will never get a job in a PR dept.
            if you did take pic of your rescue be sure to send them to all the daily papers and post them on the anti 4X4 websites!!

Comment

as long as everyones ok, get a tetnus jab from the docs too, raw sewage is deadly, small cuts or even soaking in the skin can cause real harm, sickness etc
              The benchmark....

Comment

Originally posted by huff_diggler
                as long as everyones ok, get a tetnus jab from the docs too, raw sewage is deadly, small cuts or even soaking in the skin can cause real harm, sickness etc
                Typhoid

Para-typhoid

Salmonella

Septicaemia

Gastroenteritis

Diarrhoea

Infectious hepatitis

Skin infections
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                  Typhoid

Para-typhoid

Salmonella

Septicaemia

Gastroenteritis

Diarrhoea

Infectious hepatitis

Skin infections

..................and you smell like sh*t!!!

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                    Typhoid

Para-typhoid

Salmonella

Septicaemia

Gastroenteritis

Diarrhoea

Infectious hepatitis

Skin infections
                    My dad fell into the 'sediment' settling tank when he was working for Severn Trent. He gashed his head on the way down and his wheelbarrow landed on his legs. This could have been very nasty as it was isolated rural sewage treatment works- but the rules are strict and workers MUST be in pairs in case of just such an incident. Luckily he was pulled out quickly by his colleage and only kept in hospital overnight. He vomited up most of the sludge he swallowed!

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
                      My dad fell into the 'sediment' settling tank when he was working for Severn Trent. He gashed his head on the way down and his wheelbarrow landed on his legs. This could have been very nasty as it was isolated rural sewage treatment works- but the rules are strict and workers MUST be in pairs in case of just such an incident. Luckily he was pulled out quickly by his colleage and only kept in hospital overnight. He vomited up most of the sludge he swallowed!
                      just to reiterate all the above. please get checked out if you ingested, came into contact etc. my work involves process chemistry at waste water treatment works, and good hygiene is essential

pls all take care
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I'm speechless mate

Hope you didn't loose any of the replaceable keepsakes Hope you get sorted soon. We've the heaviest rain fall in the country here but thankfully we don't have the large concrete and tarmac expanses so water runs straight out to sea. Gardens always soggy even in summer but I'll never complain about the moss covered lawn again after seeing what you have to deal with.

Best wishes JB
                        www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Neville

Thats terrible - I drove through Leamington, and the HUGE ford created in Bishops Tachbrook - but didn't realise it was that bad across town....

Let me know if I can help as I'm not too far away from you.
                          Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Working...
                          X