? Is this site Safe!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? Is this site Safe!!

Been multi page surfing and came back to the forum to get the following message in the screen shot below...Never seen a warning like this before!

As you can see I have Norton anyone else had this?

Mark
    Last edited by madcampbell; 14 June 2007, 20:28.

I get this;

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Lucky said the forums is up and running the rest is down and not accessable untill he sorts it out
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
        Funny, I would also get that if I went to the home page.. I just returned to a forum page I had open after I had been to another site using the tabs for surfing.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
          Lucky said the forums is up and running the rest is down and not accessable untill he sorts it out
          Yep but I was goining back to http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3 which is the Genral page view for the forum. Then got the warning...?

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
            Yep but I was goining back to http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3 which is the Genral page view for the forum. Then got the warning...?
            I'm running norton, I haven't had that message unless it's something to do with the scumbag that hijacked the forum
            Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650
              I'm running norton, I haven't had that message unless it's something to do with the scumbag that hijacked the forum
              That's what I was wondering!

Comment

ive got norton 2007 and im ok. dunno about the internet tho
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Shouldn't there only be access to the Forum via a password & only after receiving ya tenner ????

There's always a Payback .... Ya just won't see it Comin !!!!
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

I would expect that phishing warning is because we also got taken down a month or two ago by someone who loaded up a phishing site on the server. This probably got reported to symantec as it was a clone of a bank site and has been tagged in their list. Got added to your Norton when it ran an update. I can assure everyone that from when the site went back up all the bad stuff was gone. took me hours to find it all.

Comment

Andy, do you think it might be time to make this place a 'no pay, no play' site?

I'm no expert but if you limited access very heavily (such as no posting) until a tenner was received, that would cut out 99% of this sort of occurence, or at the very least, stop spamming in it's tracks.

I'm sure the loyal members wouldn't object.
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                        Andy, do you think it might be time to make this place a 'no pay, no play' site?

I'm no expert but if you limited access very heavily (such as no posting) until a tenner was received, that would cut out 99% of this sort of occurence, or at the very least, stop spamming in it's tracks.

I'm sure the loyal members wouldn't object.
                        Probably wouldn't make a jot of difference. Most exploits tend to be in ancillary components, exploitable in various ways. Being logged onto the system is but one of many.

Comment

Is this site hosted by a hosting company or is it self hosted?
                          -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Working...
                          X