Custom exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom exhaust

Went to a custom exhaust manufacturer in the locale this lunchtime to get a price for a new rear piece for the truck, exiting the side rather than the back. About 4ft of pipe with two bends and a clamp.

£95 + vat!!!!

OK, it was stainless, and he doesn't do mild steel, but still!

Anyone had anything made up in mild steel in the midlands? It might be a case of buying the bits from Jetex and getting my mate to weld it up for me...
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Originally posted by Apache
    Went to a custom exhaust manufacturer in the locale this lunchtime to get a price for a new rear piece for the truck, exiting the side rather than the back. About 4ft of pipe with two bends and a clamp.

£95 + vat!!!!

Anyone had anything made up in mild steel in the midlands? It might be a case of buying the bits from Jetex and getting my mate to weld it up for me...
    Tony did mine and it was a lot cheaper than that!!!
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Apache

£95 + vat!!!!

thats well cheap mate! (if its a back box)any other place your looking at £200 + tailpipe if you choose anything other than the standard one thats thrown in. lifetime guarantee
      i just re -read and you only want a back pipe with no box, so thats about right. bit of a rip off i know
      Last edited by dieselboy; 8 June 2007, 14:10.
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

time for fabrication is about 1.5 - 2 hrs so that = £80 max plus materials.
        for a back box, you need straight pipe, a box, clamps and all the other stuff.. probably amounts to 50 quid. the rest is their proffit margin
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyppe
          time for fabrication is about 1.5 - 2 hrs so that = £80 max plus materials.
          for a back box, you need straight pipe, a box, clamps and all the other stuff.. probably amounts to 50 quid. the rest is their proffit margin
          It only takes about 30 min to fabricate a back section!!. My mate had a full powerflow fitted to his surf cost £250.00 all in and ony took an hour and a half.
          SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell
            It only takes about 30 min to fabricate a back section!!. My mate had a full powerflow fitted to his surf cost £250.00 all in and ony took an hour and a half.
            yea they are quite easy to do the surfs. all depends on whether they have to make up boxes or not. i used to get them done in that time, if we have pre made the box first. powerflow dont make their boxes though, they are pressed
            when i first started they used to take about 3 hours!
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I would be interested in something similar so we might get a discount if we get both done at the same time!! just a thought.

I took mine to a powerflow place and they quoted £350. i would like something cut into the rear bumper maybe so its out the way when off road!

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler
                I would be interested in something similar so we might get a discount if we get both done at the same time!! just a thought.

I took mine to a powerflow place and they quoted £350. i would like something cut into the rear bumper maybe so its out the way when off road!
                if the tail doesnt stick out from the car in a propper distance/place then when the back windows is open it sucks the fumes in the car.
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Thats the idea!! fumes make driving much more interesting with all the funny shapes you will see!!

I was thinking out the side of the rear bumper behind the mudflap!!

Comment

Working...
                  X