Off roading on grass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off roading on grass

Ok only way I could think to make you look at mundane stuff.

I would like to know if anyones got a lawnflite lawn mower. My old Ransomes 50 years old and finally gone to the s$$$$py. Looking on the web and saw a lawnflite 603 so instead of spending 3 days cutting I thought my presous time off could be spend Surfing instead of hacking.

If youv'e owned one or use one of the lawnflite please let me know cos I can't afford to go nuts and buy a top notch job.

CheersJB
    www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Originally posted by Highlander1

I would like to know if anyones got a lawnflite lawn mower. My old Ransomes 50 years old and finally gone to the s$$$$py. Looking on the web and saw a lawnflite 603 so instead of spending 3 days cutting I thought my presous time off could be spend Surfing instead of hacking.

If youv'e owned one or use one of the lawnflite please let me know cos I can't afford to go nuts and buy a top notch job.

CheersJB
    How many acres of grass have you got????!!!!!

Fancy using the surf with this?

http://www.tow-n-mow.com.au/index1.html

Dave
    Last edited by Ballibeg; 8 June 2007, 17:47.

Comment

That would be great fun but Iv'e got 2/3s includes all the bits on the front page of my website and a bit at back.

Cheers JB

Comment

How about one of these

http://www.mountfield-lawnmowers.co....t.php?xProd=94

its what I shall be ordering soon
        I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

It's 250pound more than the 603 lawnflite but I wonder if it's same quality don't know anything about the modern stuff.

I would then have to add delivery or the cost to collect.

Comment

CheersJB
            had a lawnflite for years and has never let me down,
            Bunkle
            Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

What kind of lawnflite any good in the wet? Sounds like a daft question but here youv'e got to do everything in the wet and I mean everything.

Comment

Sold a few when we had the shop in Carnwath. Lawnflite are as good as all the rest of the domestic lawn tractors, no better or worse, it's only a sticker fitted to many of the same.

OK it might cost more but better go upmarket and buy a Countax hydrostatic drive or a USA made Wheelhorse / Toro IE less $$$$ boot lace belts the better.

Any of these machines will cut wet grass and obviously the bigger the engine the better but NONE will collect wet grass unless it has a sweeper fitted or as an optional extra tow sweeper.

'tiss like life, you get what you pay for and the last S/H Countax I ebayed went for 1700, new, dont touch anything less than 1500 and expect more than 5 years work without paying the same again in repairs.

Comment

I wonder if I could train a sheep to eat only grass and leave the plants alone.

Cheers Nick

Comment

I wonder if I could train a sheep to eat only grass and leave the plants alone.

Cheers Nick

These are cheap, there's even one with a grass box!

http://www.manualmowers.co.uk/advanc...=42&image.y=16

Comment

[QUOTE=BUSHWHACKER]These are cheap, there's even one with a grass box!

http://www.manualmowers.co.uk/advanc...=42&image.y=16[/QUOT

You'd be better of wiv sheep or goats !!!!!
                      He wants it cut sometime this week Vince !!!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just won't see em Comin !!!!
                      Buncefield Burner

Comment

It's hard going with one of those

Comment

Get a tractor and flail,then do the hedges with it as well.
                          Just checked your website,nice B&B. Think i can see your keys under the door mat!!

Might be heading up to fort william today.I'll see if i can spot them.
                          Last edited by smiffy; 9 June 2007, 13:43.
                          www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Were only 1/2 hour up the road Cheers JB

Comment

Working...
                            X