Newbie from Shropshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from Shropshire

Just a brief line to introduce myself and say Hi.

My name is Tim Ellison and I live in Shrewsbury with my family. I was lucky enough to source a new (to this country) 3.0 litre SSRG about 6 weeks ago.

Everything seems to work ok (so far!), the only niggles being dodgy front brakes. When I stripped them down, I found the pistons had seized which was why I couldn't get any bite. After an overnight soak and some new pads, they seem to be working fine.

I sourced the car from an import company in Chertsey, and have been racking up the miles at every opportunity since. I wish I'd got one years ago, it's the third most fun I've ever had in a car.

i've got a couple of daft questions which have probably already been done to death elsewhere on the Board, but if anyone can help me, I'd be grateful:-

- Is there any way to adjust the front passenger- side wing mirror (the small one)? Mine points at my left ear.
    - How do you remove the high- level brake light cluster? I think it's just a bulb gone, so hopefully will be a quick fix.

Thank you in advance for any responses. I'm looking forward to chatting to you all.

Welcome to the nuthouse............ Just watch out for the squirrels
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

welcome to the site , dont ask me anything as i know nowt!!!
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Hi Tim

Nice truck - the perfect combination of 2nd Gen and 3.0ltr.

Q1. - that little mirror is what makes it - just smile in a knowing way

Q2. - what's a hi level cluster (a snappy breakfast cereal maybe????)
        Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

I can guess what the first most fun in a car was, but what was the second?

Comment

Drag Racing. I owned an old Dodge Challenger until recently, which we drove to local tracks, raced, then drove home again. Had years of fun with that, but you need to keep throwing money at the car to keep going quicker, and it was getting harder to keep my family involved (no passenger seats, big roll cage, nitrous in the boot, etc), so I had a hard decision to make.

Anyway, selling the Dodge allowed me to buy the Surf, so I can have fun driving every day now.

You were right about the first most fun.

Comment

The little mirror is a “parking mirror” so you can see the edge of the kerb….. designed for the Japanese market so owners can squeeze into small parking spaces.
              Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Working...
              X