body lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• body lift

Nearly done my 2" lift.... getting a bit dark now (serve me right for going shopping instead of getting on with it!)

it's really straightforward (unless i get trouble bolting it all back together again!)

anyway, just gonna stuff me dinner down and get on with it!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Originally posted by dabigman
    Nearly done my 2" lift.... getting a bit dark now (serve me right for going shopping instead of getting on with it!)

it's really straightforward (unless i get trouble bolting it all back together again!)

anyway, just gonna stuff me dinner down and get on with it!
    Remember to post those piccy's

Rick
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

willdo... got a bit dark now, just gotta finish off the last few bits tomorrow.

having a bit of trouble with the steering, now the spacer's in the nut that tightens onto the spline hits the exhaust so i'll have to have a look at that!

but apart from that, it's all done!

Comment

dont forget to let Roger know bout your issue with exhaust on steering job with 3rd gen diesel.

assuming you do one side at a time, when you lift the first side arent you actually moving it slightly twds the far side and bolting it down at that, or is this tilt absorbed by the bushings on both sides???

Comment

ok, here's a couple of quick pics... before and after... it's dark in both
          and dirty
          and, yes, i know i've got odd wheels on it! (makes the back stick up a bit higher than usual)
          Attached Files
          Last edited by dabigman; 14 February 2004, 22:58.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
            dont forget to let Roger know bout your issue with exhaust on steering job with 3rd gen diesel.

assuming you do one side at a time, when you lift the first side arent you actually moving it slightly twds the far side and bolting it down at that, or is this tilt absorbed by the bushings on both sides???
            um....
            i went round and changed all the bolts first so when it came to lifting all i had to do was lift the bolt, slide the spacer in and drop the bolt down again... then last of all i put all the nuts on. i think this stopped any movement of the body as at any one time it always had 7 bolts to locate it.
            the lift was easy, it's all the little niggly things that gave me trouble (taking the trim off to get the mount in the boot!)

i haven't dropped the radiator yet, just un done the fan cowl. i'm gonna take the rad out completely tomorrow to give it a good clean (still caked in clay!)

Comment

side on view... you can see the gap between the chassis and the body under the rear wheel arch
              the front bumper is still not on
              the tow hooks stick out now
              the good thing is, you can't see the spacers, excepr the front ones, if you look inside the wheelarch...
              Attached Files

Comment

looks ok

could have washed it though

where ever did u go 2 get it that dirky m8

ps..would like u 2 post some pics of me heep if u wouldnt mind awfully
                she looks an iccle bit better now

Comment

i'll bring the camera round...

gotta get me battery charged up, gone flat from listening to the radio with amps on!

gotta modify bumper for ends of chassis, so i got no number plate again!

gotta fix steering problem, reckon a hammer will do!

apart from that, next weekend's clear for giving it a wash!

Comment

Working...
                  X