Look what I got today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what I got today!

During my recent trip to the USA, I read 'Riding Rockets' which is Mike Mullane's (Shuttle veteran) biography. As you may have guessed, I'm mad about that sort of stuff and have about 4ft of bookshelf space dedicated to the subject.

After being pretty blown away by his book as being one of the most honest, frank, amusing and scary stories to come out of the space programme, I sent an email to the publisher basically saying the above. (I believe that people should be congratulated on a job well done)

Look what arrived in my inbox today...

Sent: 06 June 2007 12:55
    To: 'vixen footwear'
    Subject: RE: Riding Rockets

Andy,

Thanks so much for these wonderful comments about RR. I’m glad you enjoyed the story. And thanks for your lifelong support of the space program. I agreed with you…it is a religious experience to see the machines of flight. I never cease to be awed.

Good luck and, again, a sincere thanks for writing. Mike

Stories From Space, LLC

ATTN: Mike Mullane, NASA Astronaut (Ret.)

1301 Las Lomas Rd. NE

Albuquerque, NM 87106

PH: 505-242-8087 (h/o)

PH: 505-842-6080 (fax)

PH: 505-463-9001 (mobile)

email: Mike@MikeMullane.com

www.MikeMullane.com

Author of "Riding Rockets, The Outrageous Tales of a Space Shuttle Astronaut." Reviewed in the New York Times and on the Jon Stewart Daily Show. Now in book stores.

For me, this is like one of God's understudies writing to me. I am well chuffed!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

how cool is that.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Thats Nice
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

That is nice... has he seen this? http://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/7..._in_NASA_Video
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Shame they didn't take account that Apollo stopped at 17 with Gene Cernan being the last man on the moon.

Apollo's 18, 19 and 20 are on show at KSC, Redstone Arsenal and 'somewhere else' that a quick google will divulge.

Comment

If you start googling any of that, you soon end up deep in tinfoil hat territory... I love the mission patch though...
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

why did he send you his numbers too?
              it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Talking of mission patches...

When I was looking for one for Woodzie's lad, I spotted this lot... A full set each of Mercury, Gemini and Apollo, and the first 5 Shuttle missions, including one on which Mr Mullane flew!

The plan is to have the sets mounted on a black background and framed with a small brass plaque stating what they're about. Will look nice on my workshop wall.

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy
                  why did he send you his numbers too?
                  You are one sick puppy...

Comment

Thats well cool! how much were they?
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

It was about $60 all together. (£30 ish)

There was a full set of shuttle ones too, but you have to stop somewhere!

Comment

space

Oh mate, my six year old will be well jealous when i show him this, he is mad on space and shutttles etc. his bedroom is covered in shuttle wallpaper, curtains, toys and pictures. no doubt we will watch any coverage of the shuttle on friday if it goes up. thanks for that by the way, i didn't realise one was going up this month!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                          It was about $60 all together. (£30 ish)

There was a full set of shuttle ones too, but you have to stop somewhere!
                          That collection of patches sold seperately in this country would be well over £150 ! Terrane Promotions do some of the Shuttle Mission patches and prices start at £6 each !.They will look really good mounted as you say I guess you will use velcro so that you don't fray the whip edges ?

I'm working Waddington and Yeovilton this year do you want me to look out for any additions ?
                          Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by John h
                            I'm working Waddington and Yeovilton this year do you want me to look out for any additions ?
                            Might see you around then mate, I get to the AWC (Waddington) and Yeovilton far more frequently than I'd like!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                              Might see you around then mate, I get to the AWC (Waddington) and Yeovilton far more frequently than I'd like!
                              I don't think they want museum exhibits at the warfare centre !? my service days are over but am working the airshows ,we are taking Falklands type stuff for display ie Wessex and Gazelle airframes,but do get the chance to wander the trade stands thats why I asked
                              Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Working...
                              X