Kumos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kumos

anyone running on Kumos- any experiance or feedback appreciated. Nearly all my useage is on road. price quotea ll fitted etc is £94 is this good?
    did a search and one previous post sayd they have ceased manufacturing there..... where did that info come from

Originally posted by fergus
    anyone running on Kumos- any experiance or feedback appreciated. Nearly all my useage is on road. price quotea ll fitted etc is £94 is this good?
    did a search and one previous post sayd they have ceased manufacturing there..... where did that info come from
    I assume you mean Kumho, I have used 265/70/15 power 70's since I got my surf, lasting about 2 years, (about 30,000 miles), seem grippy enough, and the ride seems OK.

When I replaced my last one (after some knob attacked it with a knife) it cost me £75 all in.

I was told that Kumho have been taken over by Marshall so the tyres were re-badged "Marshall Power 70" but still the same pattern, and the woman behind the desk told me that they were the same tyre.

most of my running is round town, with the odd jaunt hear and there with the caravan on
    Last edited by coolsv650; 4 June 2007, 13:34. Reason: I missed a bit
    Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

I was trying to get some kumho muds but no were had any, kept getting told they are not made anymore. which is a shame cos i have only read good things about them and the place i normally get my tires from said they were brilliant and didn't know why they would stop making such a good tyre.

If you can get some do it as long as the price is not silly money. not sure but £94 fitted sounds ok.
      it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

im running KL71's at the mo and they are great offroad
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy
          I was trying to get some kumho muds but no were had any, kept getting told they are not made anymore. which is a shame cos i have only read good things about them and the place i normally get my tires from said they were brilliant and didn't know why they would stop making such a good tyre.

If you can get some do it as long as the price is not silly money. not sure but £94 fitted sounds ok.
          mmmmm.im after some 33x12.5x15 kumho kl71 m/t.i have been told that there are 8oo sets on order from pro tyre.they should be in the country in the next couple of weeks apparently.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
            mmmmm.im after some 33x12.5x15 kumho kl71 m/t.i have been told that there are 8oo sets on order from pro tyre.they should be in the country in the next couple of weeks apparently.

Have you tried here?.....

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.p...d=m26b0s1676p0

Comment

I've got Kumho muds from Camskill. Fine if a bit noisy on the road. Been on around a year and a half now i think... no significant wear so far, and they seem good offroad.

How much you wanna give me for em so I can get some 33's on there?
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Hi

I'm running venture at's (265/70R16) on my 3rds gen. Grip fine in wet & dry and Ok off road - nothing too extreme

Had 'em fitted when I bought the truck by the dealer (he wouldn't stretch to BFG at's) 2 years ago and loads of tread left - bill showed £274 (for 5, but that was probably a dealer price)

well chuffed and will probably stay with them when they need replacing (although i do really fancy a set of Mickey Thompson grizzly claws - look awesome).

hawaii
                I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

I've been running 33x12.5x15 kumho kl71 m/t's for a few months.
                  Look the absolute business on big rig. Are wearing surprising well on the road and are great off-road. My only word of caution is they aren't the best if you need to stop sharpish on wet tarmac, but then thats true of most.
                  They are quiet for a big knobbly tyre, get you lots of attention and the price surprises most people, I paid £94 each valves, fitted, balanced etc from National Tyres who beat Black Circles prices.

Love 'em ! Come recommended, see avatar..

Comment

Originally posted by TwoBoard
                    I've been running 33x12.5x15 kumho kl71 m/t's for a few months.
                    Look the absolute business on big rig. Are wearing surprising well on the road and are great off-road. My only word of caution is they aren't the best if you need to stop sharpish on wet tarmac, but then thats true of most.
                    They are quiet for a big knobbly tyre, get you lots of attention and the price surprises most people, I paid £94 each valves, fitted, balanced etc from National Tyres who beat Black Circles prices.

Love 'em ! Come recommended, see avatar..
                    wish I could have fitted 33's! mine get loads of attention and yes people are surprised at the price (especially as 31's are cheaper!)
                    i love the look of em, great offroad, ok on road but I an lock up wet or dry easier than an AT but I expected that and I dont really care cos they are so cool!
                    mine are wearing the edges a bit from all the roundabouts I race around but other than that they are great.
                    Tim

Comment

hello,

newbie here and I am getting a set of KL71's for my surf 2morrow in 31's,

can't wait although it will be used mostly on road and a lot of mileage off road it will be scorpion challenge events marshalling and going across really muddy fields and deep muddy ruts!

Comment

forgot to say please could you post some pics of yours with KL71's in 31's on surfs,

thank you

Comment

any good?
                          Tim

Comment

Working...
                          X