fireworks? in june?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fireworks? in june?!

what sort of person lets off display grade fireworks for a lengthy period whilst its still daylight! well dusk, but you get my point.
    dog is petrified. and i missed a load of my film cos i couldnt hear it!
    moan moan...
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Report to local police, as I think it's illegal, outside of recognised public holidays.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
      Report to local police, as I think it's illegal, outside of recognised public holidays.
      mum did, but only illegal after 11pm apparently. they make the rules up to suit them though round here
      mate bought something to eat from the BP and asked to use their loo, they said no, and the old bill who were filling up told him to pee in the street.
      work that out
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Living in a seaside resort (laugh) we get it at 9.30pm every Tuesday night throughout the season!

And the last firework is colossal - it's so noisy you feel the shock wave hit your body.
        Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
          Living in a seaside resort (laugh) we get it at 9.30pm every Tuesday night throughout the season!

And the last firework is colossal - it's so noisy you feel the shock wave hit your body.
          what happens every tuesday at 9:30 then?
          or is that how you tell everyone the bars open? lol
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo

Porthcawl.... you got to love it! Last time I was there I was coastguard auxiliary looking for missing kids on the beach. Sad outcome unfortunately.

Dave

Comment

Fireworks at odd times round here means the local drug dealers got some fresh stock in!!!! although its not a full display obviously

Comment

Yes, our council spend a fortune on fireworks to amuse the tourists, who only benifit the pubs and shops.

Why should that come out of the council tax budget?

If the shops and pubs want it, let them pay for it.

Oh yeah, and make it quieter for the rest of us too.
                Rob

Comment

Sorry guy's the fire works act 2003 only makes it an offence to let them off after 11am new year, bonfire night etc can be after 11pm, so unfortunatley your plod wouldn't be able to deal unless they were being thrown in the street.

It's an ass but the polis don'y make the rules.
                  www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Originally posted by Highlander1

You're right, they only ignor them when it suits their purposes!
                    Rob

Comment

I think It's called descretion, like when you just get stopped for a dodgy tyre and tell em you'll get it fixed tommorrow normally works, Or if you say," it's not that bad have you nothing better to do" ! may provoke a different response.
                      Last edited by Highlander1; 4 June 2007, 11:46.
                      www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

I think It's called descretion, like when you just get stopped for a dodgy tyre and tell em you'll get it fixed tommorrow normally works, Or if you say," it's not that bad have you nothing better to do" ! may provoke a different response.
                        fair enough, i bet we all have to use that type of thinking in our every day jobs
                        different matter: how about when another driver drove into the car i was driving causing damage, then weaving traffic to get away 'speeding off'. i got his regestration plate, and a good look at him. because of his 'weaving' i said to the police he may of been under the influence of alcohol. they said they wasnt going to do anything.
                        he said for me to fill out some form, then 2 weeks later i got a letter and the exact words were 'we have decided not to take this further'
                        now whos choice is it? im the one who reported it for something to be done about it.
                        just another case where the police dont seem to help the innocent people.
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyppe
                          what sort of person lets off display grade fireworks for a lengthy period whilst its still daylight! well dusk, but you get my point.
                          dog is petrified. and i missed a load of my film cos i couldnt hear it!
                          moan moan...
                          Asian weddings! We get fireworks regular away (normally every saturday) still i'm 4 miles from the community centre where they set them off so it's more like a dull rumble

We got some this weekend when I was up to my eyeballs in surf
                          Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650
                            Asian weddings! We get fireworks regular away (normally every saturday) still i'm 4 miles from the community centre where they set them off so it's more like a dull rumble

We got some this weekend when I was up to my eyeballs in surf
                            once you have been to one display -you have seen them all imho
                            i live just about a mile from carshalton park where they have the massive displays every year. i probably wont go again now until i take a kid or something
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Sorry guy's the fire works act 2003 only makes it an offence to let them off after 11am new year, bonfire night etc can be after 11pm, so unfortunatley your plod wouldn't be able to deal unless they were being thrown in the street.

Don't think you meant that, ABBY GET YOUR FINES IN!!!
                              it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Working...
                              X