You All Need To Watch This

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You All Need To Watch This

If u thought u was safe at home think again. Just been looking on you tube, and found this about something call bump key. As long as some one has the same make of key that fits your lock they can open it in 5 to 8 seconds. Even a 7 year old can do it.

Look here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuWcl...related&search=

fit some dead locks fast this is not a joke
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Shocking!

We already have mortice locks, an alarm system and a rather large dog, so hopefully enough of a deterant for the scum to go elsewhere.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

i see this ages ago, never made one though.
      when you have finished tell us what its like!
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

That doesn't look good.....all we need now, after my truck's been broken into, next it's gonna be the house.....great!
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
          Shocking!

We already have mortice locks, an alarm system and a rather large dog, so hopefully enough of a deterant for the scum to go elsewhere.

Same here, my dogs will let you in, but to quote a line from the Eagles' Hotel California................"you can check out anytime you like, but you can NEVER leave"

Comment

I made some bump keys myself about a year ago when I first found out about them, it is true they will open any same key lock. Managed to bump every lock on my house. So they have all been changed.
            The other way the scumbags get in to your house that is far more common than bump keys, is a small hook on a garden cane, pushed trough the letter box to hook keys left on key holders or shelves near to the door or within sight of the door.
            If you have keys anywhere near your letter box please move them now.
            A lot of modern cars are only nicked using the keys and if you hang them up near the door/letter box at night then you may as well leave them outside in the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Granville
              The other way the scumbags get in to your house that is far more common than bump keys, is a small hook on a garden cane.
              A 5m fishing pole is the weapon of choice round here.

Comment

First thing Billy Burgler does when he breaks in through a window is look for an exit to carry the swag so make sure you NEVER leave keys in window locks or doors on the inside when sleeping.

For fire risks get used to sleeping with the front door key in bedroom where you can find it at night in smoke and in the dark.

Fit 5 lever mortice locks they cant do them this way.

Cheers JB
                www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

My keys are linked to a 12 bore shotgun, which is pointed at the letter box.
                  Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

There's a key that can open any lock known to man.

It's a Pikey.

Comment

hey thats handy, the locksmith assocation has managed to find a way to make locks a piece of cake to pick, and posted a descripive video on the internet. wonder if by any chance they will have a product on the market soon to replace all those types of lock.

or am i being a little cynical???
                      TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
                        hey thats handy, the locksmith assocation has managed to find a way to make locks a piece of cake to pick, and posted a descripive video on the internet. wonder if by any chance they will have a product on the market soon to replace all those types of lock.

or am i being a little cynical???

Cynical?? you?? never.

Comment

Locks only keep honest people out.

If someone WANTS to break in to your house and nick your stuff, then they will, despite locks, alarms, dogs, etc. Those things are only deterrents and all can be counteracted on

All you can do is utilise all of the above to keep the opportunist at bay and if you do that , your chances of getting done will be slim.
                          Сви можемо

Comment

I was a bobby for over 10 years and must have been to hundreds of break ins. Never did I see any where the lock had been picked or opened in any other way , if they came in through the door it's cos the kicked it in. It makes no odds what sort of lock you have fitted if the door frame isn't up to it and just splits. Plastic doors and windows, just heat em up with a blow torch to make em soft then bend em out the way or lift the glass out. Best to stick to the big dog or better still two big dogs cos if the bad guys wanna get in they will.

Spoggle

Comment

Working...
                            X