Newbie from Shropshire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from Shropshire.

Just a brief line to introduce myself and say Hi.

My name is Tim Ellison and I live near Shrewsbury with my family. I was lucky enough to source a new (to this country) 2nd Gen SSRG about seven weeks ago, from an import Company called M25 Cars in Chertsey. So far everything seems to work ok. I love driving the Surf, wish I'd had one years ago. It's the third most fun I've ever had in a vehicle.

Couple of small questions (probably done to death elsewhere) if I may:-

- Is it possible to adjust the mirror on the front passenger side wing? Mine points up my nose.
    - How do you remove the brake light cluster in the rear wing? I think it's just a bulb gone, so should be a simple fix.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

welcome Tim - good name by the way!

the mirror might adjust by pushing it but its useless, i have forgotten mine is there!
    to get the cluster out drop the tailgate and there is 2 bolts to the side of them which you undo then it should pull off!

enjoy
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

hello & welcome to the club
      Which Wychwood would you choose?

Comment

Hi Tim, welcome to the forum. Now to make you feel really accepted I'll post the following comments - 'it should be black/ grey / burgundy / green' or 'very nice truck mate but it would look better with some mud on it'.

By the way my truck is blue and clean.

There you go that's saved some people a lot of typing!
        Last edited by Scorpion; 3 June 2007, 18:33.
        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

You should find that the back of the mirror case comes off, then i think theres a screw to adjust it!

welcome to the site mate!

Comment

That wasn't you I saw this afternoon just off the A5 towards Montgomery was it?

Someone in a dark coloured Surf waved but I only saw them out of the corner of my eye so didn't get a chance to wave back.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Hi Tim and welcome - there's loads og great people on here that know loads about Surfs, offroading (great location for that BTW) and other cool stuff, then there's me!!!
              Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

welcome
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Hi Tim. Hello and welcome. Don't listen to these dirt jockeys. Love the colour (the best) and it looks just like mine, so it has to be good!!!

As mentioned, there are two 10mm bolts that hold the light assy, just use a 10mm socket and extension bar and undo and do up by hand.

Also as mentioned the front of the mirror housing comes off. Not done mine, but you can see where it parts company with the rest of it.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                    Hi Tim. Hello and welcome. Don't listen to these dirt jockeys.
                    Wasn't telling him to get it dirty mate, you know me, I like to keep mine clean, I was preempting (should this be hyphenated?) all the usual comments that occur when someone new post a pic of their truck.
                    Last edited by Scorpion; 3 June 2007, 18:41.
                    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Hi and welcome Tim..Don't take any notice of all this colour is best c rap cause we all know BLACK is best but when covered in mud they all look the same but did i say BLACK is best
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Welcome Tim. Dare I ask what the 1st and 2nd most fun was

Comment

Working...
                        X