Flippin bike breakers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flippin bike breakers...

Its a simple question. 'do you have a complete front end for a zzr1100 or 600 and how much?' Well I thought so anyway...
    response so far is ' yes, we have one, forks are a little bent otherwise all good' thats great! just what I was looking for, a big pile of spares in a worse state than the stuff I have already...
    Or 'have a look on our shop on a particular auction site where we have stripped the bike down into 10 million parts, all having truly astronomical postage costs on them...
    Or no response at all.

I would go on a trawl round the local breakers, but it seems their addresses are covered by the official secrets act...

Does anyone know of a bike breakers preferably midlands area, where they answer the phone, know what they have, know what they want for it and I don't have to be a mate of a mate of the owners ex-wife to get in?
    it's in me shed, mate.

Some after market parts like M&P are just as cheep as breakers you'd have to spray it yourself though.

I use them a lot.

Cheers JB
    www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Try

Churchill Motorcycles
      The Garage A5, Watling St, Potterspury, Towcester, Northamptonshire NN12 7QD
      Tel: 01908 543411

Its a proper rag and oil bike shop. I've only ever used them for tyres and service myself, but there's usually a load of damaged bikes there. They may break or they may have some ideas for you.
      Wax on, wax off

Comment

The only place i found worthwile was Project bikes in Notts, They bought my zx12 after i threw it at a lamp post. They dont buy 5hit and therefore dont sell it.
        http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt

Does anyone know of a bike breakers preferably midlands area, where they answer the phone, know what they have, know what they want for it and I don't have to be a mate of a mate of the owners ex-wife to get in?
          There's a goodun in Cardiff, I'm going there tomorrow Charlie, what's the budget?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            There's a goodun in Cardiff, I'm going there tomorrow Charlie, what's the budget?
            you know me - there isn't one at the moment! shortly, there is hopefully going to be a refund of 6 years of bank charges... so I will be flush.. Its going in the 900r, so zzr1100 or 600 or even zx9r (ooh, USDs... ) but I need the lot - wheel, forks, brakes, bars, speedo drive spindle, you get the idea..
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

What are you doing to the back end? or leaving it std?
              been here? http://www.gpz900r.org/gpz900r/index.php

Comment

thats my second home.... probably a zzr600 wheel... we shall see!
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt

Try Jim at Bike Enders on 01708 455530. He is not in the Midlands but he is good and helpful, and supplies decent stuff - well he did when I used him!

Cheers, Nick
                  "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Working...
                  X