Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of those days

Been one of those days!

Take the bike in to get faulty alarm sorted, to find it possibly fried the ecu when it failed as wired in wrong

Get puncture in trailer wheel on the way back home

Repair company reckon surf will be a write off after the weekends little bump while out laneing

Re the bike, ecu not fried, just the alarm f~#$ed.

Think I'll have a beer or few
    My other cars a QUAD
    (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
    http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Try hibenating, you never see a bear with those kind of troubles
    http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot
      Been one of those days!

Take the bike in to get faulty alarm sorted, to find it possibly fried the ecu when it failed as wired in wrong

Get puncture in trailer wheel on the way back home

Repair company reckon surf will be a write off after the weekends little bump while out laneing

Re the bike, ecu not fried, just the alarm f~#$ed.

Think I'll have a beer or few
      How big was the bump to write it off ?.....lurch's bambi bash did about £700 and thats being repaired
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
        How big was the bump to write it off ?.....lurch's bambi bash did about £700 and thats being repaired
        Thats at what we can get bits for, wished i kept mouth shut and let them write it off, buy it back, do what i wanted to do and have some cash left over.
        Working at last.......

Comment

Originally posted by LURCH
          Thats at what we can get bits for, wished i kept mouth shut and let them write it off, buy it back, do what i wanted to do and have some cash left over.
          Hopefully that's what I'll be able to do, depends on insurance companies response to the damage report.

Can get all the bits I need for about £300! Estimate is on new parts that have to be imported!!!
          My other cars a QUAD

Comment

Update

Just had call from repair center. Estiamted repair cost £2700.

Someone is having a

Looks like a write off, which I will then buy back and sort myself
            My other cars a QUAD

Comment

When mine got Staged and the beastie kicked in every panel along the side wrecked bonnet and damaged rear bumper insurance picked up the 3,000 repair bill.

Mines a 2.4 second on a 1991!!
              Asked them to fix it or replace for same condition one as mine was a member of shiny club with immaculate carpets etc.

Last stag just bounced off bull bar no damage.
              www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Someone is having a

whats the deal when you buy back your own car after this? can you still legally drive it on the road afterwards?
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyppe
                  whats the deal when you buy back your own car after this? can you still legally drive it on the road afterwards?
                  Hope this answers your questions. Think mine will be a cat D, at worst cat C.
                  Still pain in the arse though, and a rip off!!!

o Category A:

S$$$$ only - this vehicle should have been crushed. It should never reappear on the road and there are no economically salvageable parts. It is of value only for s$$$$ metal - e.g. a totally burnt-out vehicle.

o Category B:

The bodyshell should have been crushed. The vehicle should never reappear on the road, but it can be broken for spare parts plus any residual s$$$$ metal.

o Category C:

Vehicle extensively damaged and insurer has decided not to repair. May be repaired and put back on the road. Has to pass an inspection costing £36 (2007 price) to be re-registered as damaged repaired.

o Category D:

Vehicle damaged and insurer has decided not to repair. When fixed can be re-registered as damaged repaired.

Think of Cat D like this:

A car is worth £6,000, but sustains some minor cosmetic damage.

The damage will cost £2,500 for an (inflated price) insurance repair that includes the cost of a courtesy car for the owner while the repair takes place.

But the insurer can sell the car off as it is for £4,000.

So the insurer 'writes it off' as a Cat D, saving itself £500, even though the car may be perfectly drivable and suffers only cosmetic damage.

o Category F:

Vehicle damaged by fire and insurer has decided not to repair. When fixed can be re-registered as damaged repaired.
                  My other cars a QUAD

Comment

Someone is having a

I cant believe they're thinking about writing it off...The trouble is the insurance wont let you get second hand parts it has to be new which is why it costs so much for the repair, can you still get parts brand new for these? Supersurf has been having the same trouble with his insurance, he doesn't want his written off cos it has been valued for insurance purposes at £8000.

There is no way that would cost £2700 to repair...its nearly all cosmetic damage, you could pick the parts up easy from a breakers.

$$$$$$ insurance companies
                    When the going gets tough...The Surf gets going!!!

Comment

That's why our premiums are so high!!

That and the fact we are all paying an extra premium for all the to55ers that drive on the roads uninsured!!!
                      My other cars a QUAD

Comment

Kevin,

Have a look at this, do you need one of these?http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HILUX-SURF-4RU...QQcmdZViewItem
                        When the going gets tough...The Surf gets going!!!

Comment

Cheers

Have put it under the watch it section as not sure yet what the insurance company are going to come up with.

Expecting write off but unsure if it will be C or D
                          My other cars a QUAD

Comment

Working...
                          X