X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Weekend

I have three jobs for this weekend :-

1) Sort out the intermittent brake light

Tried to get the rear cluster off this evening. Undid the two bolts but was not sure how hard to push the light. How hard do you have to it?

2) Fit new Radio

Printed out all the instructions on this site but I have got buttons for my heater controls rather than a slider as shown. Will this cause any problems ?

3) Lubrcate the window seals

What do I use (Silicon Lubricant?) and what do i ask for in the local motor spares shop ?

Cheers

Richard
    I didn't do it !

Originally posted by molrams

Tried to get the rear cluster off this evening. Undid the two bolts but was not sure how hard to push the light. How hard do you have to it?

2) Fit new Radio

Printed out all the instructions on this site but I have got buttons for my heater controls rather than a slider as shown. Will this cause any problems ?
    There is a thin black panel below the line of switches with the sliding controls in

What do I use (Silicon Lubricant?) and what do i ask for in the local motor spares shop ?

Cheers

Richard
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

if it's the same as a 3rd gen, it pushes from the side, give it a bit of a wiggle first to loosen it, then hit it with your heel of your palm... fairly hard, shouldn't break unless you don't catch it the other side!

2) Fit new Radio

What do I use (Silicon Lubricant?) and what do i ask for in the local motor spares shop ?there's a special spray for windows... can't remember what it's called though...

Cheers

Richard
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

The rubber seal keeps it on well but prize it off and the wiring loom should stop it hitting the floor. If it's intermittent then it may just be the bulb has worn at the base. A fresh blob of solder can solve this.

2) Fit new Radio

As mentioned above.

Get a PTFE based spray, the silicone ones tend to wear off in 5 minutes of use.

Cheers

Richard
        Rich.
        If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Finished

Thanks for the help. Everything done ready for its first tow on Monday.
          The hardest part wss getting the old radio out of the brackets.Chewed four of the bolts good and proper.

Has any one got any spare screws of the type that fit above the glove box ? My 4yr old assistant kicked over my screw box.

Cheers

Richard
          I didn't do it !

Comment

Working...
          X