OK, Now I'm ANGRY!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, Now I'm ANGRY!!!

I was away snowboarding last week and chose to leave my Surf at APH off-airport parking near Gatwick as I've done many times before.

When I picked my Surf up on Saturday I noticed a large scrape on the drivers side front wheel arch where the gimp who parks or unparks the vehicles had clearly scraped it on a pillar or some other unfortunate persons car.

I immediately went back to reception before moving the surf, told them, and within 5 minutes had the "incident manager" round to the Surf with a form and a Polaroid camera to record the damage.

I have to say I was impressed with the speed and efficiency with which they dealt with my claim and within 10 minutes I was on my way with a copy of the damage report and a number to contact once I had obtained 2 quotes for the repair work. How refreshingly efficient I thought to myself.

This morning, waiting on the doormat for me, was a letter from APH. Apparently, buried in their terms and conditions "clearly displayed on their website and in reception" it states that in order to make a claim for damage to my vehicle, I must first have it inspected by one of their gimps to satisfy them that it wasn't damaged when I brought it in. Now at 6.30am when it's pitch dark, pi**ing with rain and blowing a gale that was the last thing on my mind.

On reading their Ts&Cs, it also turns out that in order to have this mandatory inspection carried out, you must pay them a further £5 for the benefit!! The long and short of it is that they are now refusing to take responsibility for the damage they have caused, helpfully suggesting I contact my Insurance Company!

It takes a lot to wind me up as anyone who's met me will know, but I'd happily rip someones head off and sh*t down their neck right now!! Any Lawyers present????

Rob

'92 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You Sir are drunk!"
    "Ahh yes Madam, but you are ugly and in the morning I shall be sober."

Dude, sucks for the damage, but SURELY you didn't think it'd be that easy to get money from a place like that.

Prepare for years of letters to and from...........
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

No, I didn't think it would be that easy really - that's whay I was so surprised when it appeared to be!

I guess they just like to come over that way to get you offsite without causing a fuss before shi**ing on you via the Royal Mail.

I'm glad I still have my flare, that may well come in handy when I firebomb their offices.

Rob

'92 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO
      "You Sir are drunk!"

Comment

Originally posted by Robster

I'm glad I still have my flare, that may well come in handy when I firebomb their offices.

Bwahahaha! Get pics!!!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

get in touch with your insurance, they don't like to pay out and most probably being the bigger company will get a result!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

If your paying for a sevice its called duty of care, disclaimers or not.
            If say, you paid 10p (yes ten pence) to a club cloak room attendant to take your £500 coat and they lose it, they have to replace the coat, hoe do I know because I have been there and done the coat one. You are paying for a service, no matter how little or how much you pay.
            Speak to your insurance company and let their legal department argue it out with them, after all it would seem from what you say they admit its one of their monkey's that damaged it, so theres admission of liability. Let your insurance company do the work.
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

Yeah, I'll give the Insurance Legal Department a call tomorrow and see what they say.

Grrrrrrr. Makes me so annoyed. It is someones job purely to park and retrieve vehicles, not overly taxing, and yet they still manage to balls it up and then try and palm it off on their paying customers.

This is the 3rd time in 15 months that a vehicle of mine has been damaged by some other dipstick being careless. I've managed to drive the surf around for 9 months without putting a scratch on it and some dumbass has to drive it for all of 3 minutes and they go and scrape it!

Where's my ****** gun!!!

Last edited by Robster; 13 February 2004, 22:54.
              Rob

'92 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO
              "You Sir are drunk!"

Comment

HI THAT DISCLAIMER SIGN BIT ON THERE PART WONT STAND UP TO SCRUTINY
                GET YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY INVOLVED
                MORALE HERE IS "NEVER LET NO OTHER F****r DRIVE YOUR SURF"
                TELL THEM ITS PART OF THE SVA
                GOOD LUCK ROB
                ex Burgundy 2.4 owner

Comment

Originally posted by Robster
                  <SNIP> and some dumbass has to drive it for all of 3 minutes and they go and scratch it!

Where's my ****** gun!!!

I have a pump action 12gauge I could lend you, will that do?
                  I'll swap its use for your flare please, my firms gone tits up and apparently i'm ,,,'Knocked',, for my £260 deisel expenses.
                  ...Woodie http://woodie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/D...%20Surfsml.JPG

Comment

I won't say which airport it was, (BIG CLUE - eyes left.) but their smartly dressed parking attendant was driving passengers cars off, apparantly to the airports on-site secure pound and people with claims were finding out that their pride and joy had been parked in a farmers field for up to a fortnight. This field had a 6ft high, "security fence," no floodlighting, cameras or alarms and a guy with a dog, earning minimum wage. The local low life found they could cut holes in the fence and drive the cars that they had nicked, for up to a fortnight before they were reported stolen.
                    My car stays in my garage when I am abroad.
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                      I won't say which airport it was, (BIG CLUE - eyes left.) but their smartly dressed parking attendant was driving passengers cars off, apparantly to the airports on-site secure pound and people with claims were finding out that their pride and joy had been parked in a farmers field for up to a fortnight. This field had a 6ft high, "security fence," no floodlighting, cameras or alarms and a guy with a dog, earning minimum wage. The local low life found they could cut holes in the fence and drive the cars that they had nicked, for up to a fortnight before they were reported stolen.
                      My car stays in my garage when I am abroad.
                      That is SO bad!
                      to think that these ####s can do as they please with our hard earned motors and get away with it! GRrrrrrrrrr!!!!
                      ...Woodie http://woodie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/D...%20Surfsml.JPG

Comment

I've managed to drive the surf around for 9 months without putting a scratch on it and some dumbass has to drive it for all of 3 minutes and they go and scrape it!

Is this the same person as what did this to his surf or do you have a twin

sumo.
                        Last edited by sumo; 17 August 2007, 08:14.
                        If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
                          I've managed to drive the surf around for 9 months without putting a scratch on it and some dumbass has to drive it for all of 3 minutes and they go and scrape it!

Is this the same person as what did this to his surf or do you have a twin

sumo.
                          Are you an insurance assessor Sumo?
                          It's only a hobby!

Comment

i suggest you buy this to take care of your surf while youre away
                            Mi-24 A (HIND) Helicopter (USSR
                            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2459896390
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                              Are you an insurance assessor Sumo?
                              NO he isn't , I AM !!!!!

Never upset me or I can scrub thousands off the value of any written off motor you might own , if you insure with Cornhill.

Rick
                              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
                              X