When it hits the fan!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When it hits the fan!!!!

Hello everyone. My name is Clayton, this will not mean alot to many people but here goes anyway. After 7 and a half years service with the Grenadier Guards, i left them in august last year. On the 21st of this month they went out to Afghan to begin their six months. I spoke to a friend who stays behind on rear party as his wife has M.S and shes in a wheelchair. He told me of deaths and injuries. It wasnt till i read the link below and saw the picture of a very good friend of mine that it actually hits home. Not good, somehow, now i waish i was there to do my bit.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/6694679.stm

I know where u coming from m8! I feel for you!!

lost three freinds in that region while i was there.
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Hey you done you bit for queen and country my boy so dont feel that way.

i for one thank you for caring
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

my mates just doing his second tour in iraq, then off on his second tour in afghanistan.... it's the first time he's ever said he's been scared!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Sitting here, all safe and secure, complaining about the bins being emptied and road pricing, its easy to get hardened to 'another death' in Iraq or Afganistan. It takes a point of reference- its somebodies mate or son or husband to remind us that people are dying out there. Its real and its still going on. So, thank you for reminding me. For all you wanting to be out there with them, there's probably a load of people who are very happy that you are not.
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

clayton you have a pm!!!
            CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Re

I did my service in The Royal Irish Regiment here in Northern Ireland.

We lost plenty of good guys as well.

It's a waste of life!

This was one of my mates that paid the ultimate price!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/3609167.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/4625376.stm

30 years service for Queen & Country and then they disband us just because the Irish Nationalists say so.

Why anyone would want to be in the Army now is beyond me!

Dying needlessly in foreign places for that $$$$er Blair and his mad controller Bush!

There will come a day when no-one will want to be in the forces.

The yanks are having so much trouble recruiting nowadays that they have raised the age of enlistment to 42 and are enlisting felons!

May they rest in peace!

Later!

Gary
              Last edited by hellmett; 29 May 2007, 22:50.

Comment

Originally posted by clayton8798
                Hello everyone. My name is Clayton, this will not mean alot to many people but here goes anyway. After 7 and a half years service with the Grenadier Guards, i left them in august last year. On the 21st of this month they went out to Afghan to begin their six months. I spoke to a friend who stays behind on rear party as his wife has M.S and shes in a wheelchair. He told me of deaths and injuries. It wasnt till i read the link below and saw the picture of a very good friend of mine that it actually hits home. Not good, somehow, now i waish i was there to do my bit.

Got a lot of mates out there at the moment, would love to go help.
                SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell
                  Got a lot of mates out there at the moment, would love to go help.
                  my friend is out there regularly. he brings back lots of pictures and footage of air strikes and other daytime and night time attacks. made me feel ill when he told a story of his mate and their crew being rocketed in their tank like thing.
                  still would of liked to join
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Hey Clayton, sorry to hear that, I work with a lot of forces personnel in the hospital theaters and they go out there regularly and i can see how it changes them. anyone who puts them self in that position to try and help others gets my respect (even if the cause is questionable, but orders are orders), i know that the soldiers are trying to help the innocent people that are caught up in the conflict. Its just a shame they have to be there at all. But then we humans are good at killing each other.

I for one am glad your not there cos sv1000spilot is trying to organize a pay and play day up near us and we need surfs!!!! check out the green laneing and off road section and get your name down! it will be good to meet up again!
                    it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by clayton8798

I'm in country at the moment (although not in the South), it is quite easy to get complacent about things whilst I was back in the UK, the news mentions people as figures "number 55 killed in Afghanistan" and it seems very far from home. I got back out here a few days ago and one of our vehicles took a hit, although thankfully only minor injuries. But it does personalise things, it is very sad when people are killed or injured out here, much more so when it is a friend.

Comment

Working...
                      X