hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi

ordered my first surf last saturday from southampton 4x4, does anyone know anything about em ?? they seem a bit slow in dealing with queries

when i asked them about the cam belt and whether they were going to change it i was told that there is a warning light for it , how reliable is this or should i just get it replaced anyway ??

94/5 3.0 td by the way

wish they would hurry up !!!

change it anyway, especially if the car's been sat up for a while... they should do a full service as part of the PDI, and if you're paying a lot of money for a 1994 motor then that's the least you should expect
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by luap
      ordered my first surf last saturday from southampton 4x4, does anyone know anything about em ?? they seem a bit slow in dealing with queries

when i asked them about the cam belt and whether they were going to change it i was told that there is a warning light for it , how reliable is this or should i just get it replaced anyway ??

94/5 3.0 td by the way

wish they would hurry up !!!
      Paul

It might be worth getting the vehicle BIMTA checked,just to confirm the mileage,I'm not trying to worry you or anything,but I would recommend everyone to get one done when buying a newly imported vehicle,and are you getting any warranty with the truck.
      http://www.bimta.co.uk/OdometerChecks.asp

Where are you in Sussex

Comment

cheers guys, think i will go for a cambelt change and that bimta check just to be on the safe side.

andy it comes with 3months warranty (good or bad?) i,m in chichester

what exactly is the PDI ???

sorry bit of a novice at all this, never had a 4x4 before so shall be bendijng your ears quite a bit over the next few months i expect ;~))

Comment

Paul

PDI = Pre Delivery Inspection

Yes three months is ok,just make sure that you give it a good testing in that time.

If your in Chichester we might see you at Slindon some time,it's an off road fun day,on the 3rd Sunday of the month.

Comment

Originally posted by luap

sorry bit of a novice at all this, never had a 4x4 before so shall be bendijng your ears quite a bit over the next few months i expect ;~))
            We're here to help!

(just do a little searching first, cos typing the same $hit day after day get a little boring, leading to 'wandering' conversations in the threads!
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

where dyou go in slindon ??

used to ride dirt bikes in the old gravel pits by the side of the A27....thought the powers that be put the mockers on that!!

Comment

That sounds like the same place,have a look at the site on here.

http://www.4x4driving.co.uk/location.htm

Comment

could well be. like the look of the hovercraft, always wanted one!!

Comment

SLINDON SAFARI OFF ROAD DRIVING CENTRE (75 acres)
                    are you in competition with us at KNOWSLEY
                    NO ANIMALS WERE HURT ON THE DAY EXCEPT GEOFFS PRIDE
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                    X