X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pops
    well i thinks the M/T just edging it for me. [sorry linda]
    right where do i get um from???? bearing in mind i down southampton

Also found them to be far better in the wet than the BFG AT's I had on previously, don't know why as this goes against the grain about grip on MT's.
    How good in the wet, well Andy (Lucky) got road tyres on and he can't compete in the wet agianst my MT's, leave him standing.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Just got mine from http://www.4x4accessoriesandtyres.co...es_chrome.html
      they were £330 all in. (thats wheels and tyres and next day delivery)

sumo
      If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Andy, i have cooper AT's and i think they are great. They were €70 cheaper than goodyear and dunlop and have lasted better. I have had both on my surf and a Prado and they dont last pi$$in time. I'm gonna go with the Cooper STT's next time. Do you kow if they come in 32x11.5? Thats my 2 cent.
        Del
        Derek :
        1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
        [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
          Andy, i have cooper AT's and i think they are great. They were €70 cheaper than goodyear and dunlop and have lasted better. I have had both on my surf and a Prado and they dont last pi$$in time. I'm gonna go with the Cooper STT's next time. Do you kow if they come in 32x11.5? Thats my 2 cent.
          Del
          Del.

Yes they do come in 32 x11.5 but don't know where you can get them. Sinton Tyres might have them and ship to you.

Cheers

Comment

The reason I was asking is cos I really rate Nigels BFGs, especially their performance on road - we all know how good they are off road. I can't stay with him in the wet on my Bridgestone Road tyres (and I'm not a slow driver). The guy I spoke to at Bronco reckons the Goodyear Wrangler are better and they are a bit cheaper.

And I'm still not decided whether to go for Remoulds as I do less road miles than I used to and I could get a set and wheels as well for just over half the price of a set of new tyres.

Thansk for all the comments, It's always good to hear about peoples experiences.

Cheers

Comment

Tyres

Hi Lucky

I had MT 31x10.5x15 BF's on my first Surf and even at the late stage of wear they were sticking well to the road. I then changed to C-Trax 31x10.5x15 Colway. I have swaped the tyres and wheels to my second Surf. I have been very pleased with them on the road in fact faultless. Up until recently off road they were very good then came the mud. On at least 3 occasions I have not had the same grip that Koi enjoys and could not make the asent. When we went to GX it was noted that high- surfers newly purchased combination tyre and wheel were not clearing as well as Koi's BF's. They are both of similar pattern but the rubber on the BF's were smoother in the depth of the tread. This is may be the reason for them clearing properly.

My opinion is go for the MT BF's. Thast is my next tyre for the road and off road.

Geoff.
              Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                well i thinks the M/T just edging it for me. [sorry linda]
                right where do i get um from???? bearing in mind i down southampton
                Same place Pops... and I really dont mind what tyres you get...
                Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                  OK it's coming up to time to change my tyres on the Surf. Been ringing around and the possibilities are as follows. I'm going to fit Mud Terrains 31x10.5x15.

1. BFG MTs
                  2. Goodyear Wrangler MTR
                  3. Cooper Discoverer STT

or go for some Remoulds like

4. Bronco Mud Terrain or Grizzly Claw
                  5. Colway Mud Terrain

What do you all think, what is your experience.

Cheers
                  Andy,

We bought a set of Kumho Vanguard M/T's for the grey surf - £228 for 4 tyres balanced and fitted. (Micheldever Tyres)
                  Got them coz Tony's had the same on the pick up for ages, excellent off road (as proven at the pit last week) and not noisy on road either... also Tony's not yet managed to slip the rear end when corning despite trying hard
                  The ones on the pick up still have tons of tread 2 years on...
                  Looked at remoulds but didn't save us much as we didn't need wheels too.
                  Oh and they look the nutz too....
                  Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                    Same place Pops... and I really dont mind what tyres you get...
                    as long as they are round MARTIN
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Andy,

We bought a set of Kumho Vanguard M/T's for the grey surf - £228 for 4 tyres balanced and fitted. (Micheldever Tyres)
                      Got them coz Tony's had the same on the pick up for ages, excellent off road (as proven at the pit last week) and not noisy on road either... also Tony's not yet managed to slip the rear end when corning despite trying hard
                      The ones on the pick up still have tons of tread 2 years on...
                      Looked at remoulds but didn't save us much as we didn't need wheels too.
                      Oh and they look the nutz too....
                      Mmm phone call coming on when they open nice price,
                      will need 5 tho spare too. thanks linda.
                      i am not going to allow my baby to slip and slide just getting in to the pit again
                      Enjoying Life after Cancer
                      Pops

Comment

Tyres

I have some fat fat 15J 265 r? Bridgestone Winter Dueler rubber on mine. Reasonably new looking. So far so good, grippy on dry bends, touch of spin on inside rear whilst pulling out in the wet. £100+ though...

When I replace them I will probably need dryer climate tyres with good dry tarmac and gravel adhesion. Not much mud or snow in Spain.

Comment

Originally posted by bdamit
                          I have some fat fat 15J 265 r? Bridgestone Winter Dueler rubber on mine. Reasonably new looking. So far so good, grippy on dry bends, touch of spin on inside rear whilst pulling out in the wet. £100+ though...

When I replace them I will probably need dryer climate tyres with good dry tarmac and gravel adhesion. Not much mud or snow in Spain.
                          What concerns me about 31 x 10.5 x 15 is the fact they're slightly too wide for a narrow surf .Widebodies are fine.
                          http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/wor...eels_tyres.htm

As can be seen on codlords pics they do stick out slightly. As a M/T on a spare set of rims for off-road use ,I probably will chance it ...but I don't think I,d run all year on them.
                          As an occasional tyre ,you probably want Colway MT
                          To use all the time it's probably better spending the extra for BFG
                          On the other hand ,if you don't use them 24/7 the BFG would last a lifetime...& you'd always get a decent price if you sold them.....
                          Hmmmm.....still going round in circles
                          Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Originally posted by bensonsnuts
                            What concerns me about 31 x 10.5 x 15 is the fact they're slightly too wide for a narrow surf .Widebodies are fine.
                            http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/wor...eels_tyres.htm

As can be seen on codlords pics they do stick out slightly. As a M/T on a spare set of rims for off-road use ,I probably will chance it ...but I don't think I,d run all year on them.
                            As an occasional tyre ,you probably want Colway MT
                            To use all the time it's probably better spending the extra for BFG
                            On the other hand ,if you don't use them 24/7 the BFG would last a lifetime...& you'd always get a decent price if you sold them.....
                            Hmmmm.....still going round in circles

The reason they stick out is because those chrome wheels on Codlord's surf look like Hilux Pickup Offset size rims. Surf's and 4Runners have different offset because the axles are narrower.

The 31x10.50x15 M/T's on our grey narrow body surf with standard wheels don't stick out beyond the arches. They also cost close to the Colway remould price for new Kumho tyres.
                            The Black wide body surf has 31x10.50x15 BFG A/T's.

We're too lazy to change the wheels for off road so both trucks run 24/7 with the above.
                            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

The reason they stick out is because those chrome wheels on Codlord's surf look like Hilux Pickup Offset size rims. Surf's and 4Runners have different offset because the axles are narrower.

The 31x10.50x15 M/T's on our grey narrow body surf with standard wheels don't stick out beyond the arches. They also cost close to the Colway remould price for new Kumho tyres.
                              The Black wide body surf has 31x10.50x15 BFG A/T's.

We're too lazy to change the wheels for off road so both trucks run 24/7 with the above.
                              How am I gonna know what offset I've got. With my luck ,the 2 sets of rims I've got would both be the same as codlords
                              Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Originally posted by bensonsnuts
                                How am I gonna know what offset I've got. With my luck ,the 2 sets of rims I've got would both be the same as codlords
                                hold a straight edge across the wheel and measure to the centre holes
                                [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
                                [size=5][/size]
                                [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Working...
                                X