Roll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll

I was thinking... I don't have one of those roll guages in my truck yet... although if anyone wants to sell one let me know...
    Just how easy / hard is it to make a surf roll?
    Are we talking falling out of your seat first?
    What do you need to be carefull of especially if your going on a site slope...
    Cheers
    CM
    2 Tone Mud Master!
    http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

Originally posted by carbonman
    I was thinking... I don't have one of those roll guages in my truck yet... although if anyone wants to sell one let me know...
    Just how easy / hard is it to make a surf roll?
    Are we talking falling out of your seat first?
    What do you need to be carefull of especially if your going on a site slope...
    Cheers
    CM
    Anything is possible but then the centre of gravity on a Surf (as long as it isn't lifted too far, is lower than that on a Disco or a Shogun/Pajero.

I think you are likely to run out of bottle first however the big thing to never do is turn on a down slope as you will roll anything doing that as the forces of change are not for good if you know what I mean.

Sideslopes are more likely to see you slide than roll unless you hit something like a log while sliding sideways.

I wouldn't worry about a rollbar for greenlaning, only if you are going to get really serious and do some of the harder stuff at some of the off road centers and do it fast and furious. With AT's on you will also be less likely to get into trouble than with really agressive tyres like Grizzly Claws, Swamp Boggers etc. You will probably run out of grip and be unable to do things that could really get you into trouble.

Mind you as I said, anything is possible, just depends how you drive it and how far you want to put yourself in harms way.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
      Anything is possible but then the centre of gravity on a Surf (as long as it isn't lifted too far, is lower than that on a Disco or a Shogun/Pajero.

I think you are likely to run out of bottle first however the big thing to never do is turn on a down slope as you will roll anything doing that as the forces of change are not for good if you know what I mean.

Sideslopes are more likely to see you slide than roll unless you hit something like a log while sliding sideways.

I wouldn't worry about a rollbar for greenlaning, only if you are going to get really serious and do some of the harder stuff at some of the off road centers and do it fast and furious. With AT's on you will also be less likely to get into trouble than with really agressive tyres like Grizzly Claws, Swamp Boggers etc. You will probably run out of grip and be unable to do things that could really get you into trouble.

Mind you as I said, anything is possible, just depends how you drive it and how far you want to put yourself in harms way.

Cheers
      Sounds good pretty much what I was wondering.....
      Will save my fears until the pit!!!
      Cheers
      2 Tone Mud Master!
      http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

Comment

Search for INCLINOMETER on ebay ive just bought one from ALLOYBOY £25 inc postage
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

I've had the Black Bullet at about 45 degrees with A/T's on and a 2" susp lift - no problem and didnt even feel unstable I haven't gone further than that though.. yet....
          Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
            I've had the Black Bullet at about 45 degrees with A/T's on and a 2" susp lift - no problem and didnt even feel unstable I haven't gone further than that though.. yet....
            Yeah but you're completely mental

Cheers

Comment

can't remember who was saying, but their inclinometer goes off the scale on any slope that's just slightly serious... so i wouldn't bother... went up to something like 35 degrees.
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                you always been unstable linda well thats what i heard
                Enjoying Life after Cancer
                Pops

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
                  can't remember who was saying, but their inclinometer goes off the scale on any slope that's just slightly serious... so i wouldn't bother... went up to something like 35 degrees.

Yep both sideways and forward to back it goes up to 30 deg's and I have had it off the scale both ways easily.
                  Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                  My choice
                  Back off

Comment

I've touched the ground out of the window on my pickup! Its fun!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                    X