help, xbox 360 has gripped my life!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help, xbox 360 has gripped my life!

got a 360 friday and cannot put it down, test drive unlimited is incredible, the whole of hawaii to drive round, mile for mile..

got gears of war, burnout revenge, saints row and fight night 3, but cannot prize tt unlimited out of the drive tray!!

if your thinking of getting one or have got one and not played test drive unlimited...... buy it

going back to hawaii for a few more miles, 250 odd so far, as the weather here is sh!te
    The benchmark....

Originally posted by huff_diggler
    got a 360 friday and cannot put it down, test drive unlimited is incredible, the whole of hawaii to drive round, mile for mile..

got gears of war, burnout revenge, saints row and fight night 3, but cannot prize tt unlimited out of the drive tray!!

if your thinking of getting one or have got one and not played test drive unlimited...... buy it

going back to hawaii for a few more miles, 250 odd so far, as the weather here is sh!te

Its a great console aint it! Didnt like the demo of TDU i played so i didnt buy it! Get some gears of war on the go! Amazing game

Comment

make sure it's well ventilated when you're playing it for long periods, i've got through 2 since october, and i keep mine in a large open fronted cabinet. All i can put it down to is overheating, but it starts either freezing or comes up with a disc read error after a while playing. I now pull mine out the cabinet and put it on top when i'm playing and it seems ok. It's a great console but it does get hot.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
        make sure it's well ventilated when you're playing it for long periods, i've got through 2 since october, and i keep mine in a large open fronted cabinet. All i can put it down to is overheating, but it starts either freezing or comes up with a disc read error after a while playing. I now pull mine out the cabinet and put it on top when i'm playing and it seems ok. It's a great console but it does get hot.
        I had one die on me! total pain in the a$$! got it all sorted in the end .......for now

Comment

the drive tray seems a bit sticky, but not too annoying, tdu is the mutts nutz, via xbox live it really comes into it's own.

gears of war for me will be when the missus goes out, she can't stand consoles as it is, let alone constant machine gun fire etc etc, but i will enjoy, nay relish the moment.
          The benchmark....

Comment

Ive never had a problem wiv mine... had it since release date and up to yet its been great and i do knock the hell out of mine, infact i would say when you get hooked good'n'proper you loose your life, trust me!! like when you enter clan matchs every night and stop up till 6 the next morning... I have had to put it down for a few weeks so i can get things done round the house, just starting to get some of my life back now

Been playing online for a few years now first with the x box and now the 360, and made some good freinds through it too.

never tried any of the playstation models, but not bovered cause happy wiv the 360...

going back to the over heating! i do know a few people that have had to swap theres cause of it, infact one guy as had three!!

There was two things that most of these guys had in common when overheated!

1-machine stood on its side

2-machine connected up to hd tv

A few have done there own mod with a usb type pc fan stuck to the vents and they say it makes the machine run better! there is an oem fan unit that can be bought for around £20 but dont know how good they are.

Now ive just proved i have no life!!!
            CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

don't get me started on the 360. I've just crawled out of a five hour CALL OF DUTY 3 online marathon. My eye sight is now shot to bits.

Whats everyones gamer tags?
              www.pictureboxuk.com
              www.lucyblueparker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tee Surf
                don't get me started on the 360. I've just crawled out of a five hour CALL OF DUTY 3 online marathon. My eye sight is now shot to bits.

dont bover wiv em off line any more find it boring to online play...

cod 3 done that!!!

also

ghost recon 2
                ghost recon summit strike
                ghost recon advanced warfighter
                ghost recon advanced warfighter 2
                rainbow six vegas
                pgr 3
                tiger woods pga 06
                and a few others i cant remember cause they were rubbish...

Comment

x box

Look out for Space Giraffe. It's being released this month. If you like em weird and sappy shoot em ups lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Tee Surf
                    you'd never guess but 'nero279' don't play online that much though
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

I think mine is " Rodleach" but i aint sure cuz me xbox live gold trial just ran out an i aint signed up again....yet!

At the moment its either Pc hooked up on broadband or xbox... I want to get a router and another ethernet cable to run it constantly.

If i ever get a headset thing it would be good to have a good game online!

I'll kick all your a$$es on PGR3 an GOW lol well i'll give it 110% But i'll probably lose

Comment

Originally posted by slim

There was two things that most of these guys had in common when overheated!

1-machine stood on its side

2-machine connected up to hd tv

My first one died and...... It was stood upright (which could be regarded as its side i guess!)

Annnnndddd My samsung HD TV!

The plot thickens

Comment

mines been connected to HDTV but, not on it's side.

will have to look into some extra fans or something as there's a couple of CPU and Case fans in the cupboard
                          =========
                          =SOLD UP!=
                          =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                            mines been connected to HDTV but, not on it's side.

will have to look into some extra fans or something as there's a couple of CPU and Case fans in the cupboard

It all sounds to much like surf stuff but..... There is an intercooler item for it just plugs into the back and draws out air to keep it cooler, Should stop any overheating problems

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                              It all sounds to much like surf stuff but..... There is an intercooler item for it just plugs into the back and draws out air to keep it cooler, Should stop any overheating problems
                              You'ed think us 2.4 owners could give microsoft some good advise about cooling

Thats the ones i was on about in my other post!

I have no personal experience of this type of cooling unit but have heard gamers online giving there limited veiws.

I think there are three types of this cooling/intercooler unit.

One of which was endorsed by microsoft, but this unit can not be found in any shop or online as far as im aware!!!

mmmm food for thought!!

nyko still make a unit for a fair price i would say.

Comment

Working...
                              X