4x4rus winch bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x4rus winch bumper

As the first four winch bumper thread seems to have split with some interest in the tubular design by first four, and some interest in the 4x4rus plate bumpers, I thought I'd start a new thread for 4x4rus. Hope this is seen as keeping the other thread clean and not $$$$ing all over it

This a pic of their Disco winch bumper. I really like the look of this and if they can sell for half the cost of a TJM one I'm up for it.

Nero, you still up for this?

Originally posted by nero279
    that's them http://www.4x4rus-online.co.uk/Products.htm

i'm on holiday in June on the canals, i think we start at Napton (about 20 miles from Warwick) so they could have my truck then as it'll only be sittin in a boatyard for 2 weeks anyway.
    Do you want to discuss with them minimum order numbers, price etc. or I'm happy to take the lead. Either way I'd like to progress this idea and I'm willing to pay a deposit. I'd be interested in a rear bumper too, but that thread can wait

Any other interest?
    Wax on, wax off

I'll give them a call if i can on tuesday, if not i'll drop them an email on tuesday night and see what they say, they did seem keen at the show and said it was one they had been thinking of doing anyway.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Excellent, thanks
      Wax on, wax off

Comment

I think i would be quite tempted by one like that! But for me it really boils down to cost cuz im a cheap b*****d

Do you have any rough idea on cost?

I dont think i would be willing to put my name down as a 100% just yet though

Comment

The going rate for Disco winch bumpers seems to be between £200 - £300, I'm guessing for the Surf we'll be near the top.

I guess we'll know more on Wednesday
          Wax on, wax off

Comment

he said about 250 to me last year - with a possible discount for the owner of the 'template' truck
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Or hit a dear and get insurance to pay for one as its cheaper than a new bumper.
              Working at last.......

Comment

Interested in that bumper @ £250 (if it will fit my Hilux)
                I Love Wales

Comment

If I don't have to do anything to the front shocks etc. to compensate for the extra weight, I'll have one too....
                  Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
                    If I don't have to do anything to the front shocks etc. to compensate for the extra weight, I'll have one too....
                    It is ideal to uprate the front torsion bars if you are fitting a winch aswell....

This is hard i cannot decide which one i like.....the tubular or this one
                    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                      It is ideal to uprate the front torsion bars if you are fitting a winch aswell....

This is hard i cannot decide which one i like.....the tubular or this one

Ian - buy Melons a Surf, then you can have both!
                      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Just spoken to them over the phone and they still seem very keen. I gotta drop them an email for someone else to pick up in the morning, and then go from there with discussing details. But it looks positive, i'll keep y'all posted
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

you can add my name to the list as well.

if they can do them for 250-300 that seems reasonable.

cheers scotty

Comment

Got an email back today
                            Originally posted by 4x4'r'us
                            and yes we are very interested in making a bumper for the Toyota Hilux Surf. We can arrange for the Surf to be picked up from Napton, we can iether collect or arrange for you to bring it to us
                            and fingers crossed it looks like a goer
                            =========
                            =SOLD UP!=
                            =========

Comment

Good work fella
                              Wax on, wax off

Comment

Working...
                              X