Intercooler bolted on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercooler bolted on

Welded up some brackets yesterday and got it bolted up today, just need some more silicon hoses now! tried it with the bonnet down and it just clears it, next step is take the grinder to the bonnet, and start looking for a scoop or make one, id like to a bushwacker type one in reverse but my thin metal welding skills are nill,

Too young to die and too old to give a toss

so putting oil in the engine not a quick job anymore then?
    nice work tho
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

Excellent, it looks factory fitted.

An idea for the scoop: How about cutting a slot in the middle of the bonnet, the same width as the 'cooler and pulling the rear part up to create a scoop, then weld some brackets to the strengthening ribs to hold the scoop open, then some fine but rigid mesh cut to the shape of the scoop mouth, bit of fibreglass and filler, job done.
      Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 27 May 2007, 16:01.

Comment

Yeah been racking me brains as to how to do it! if i cant find a decent aftermarket one i'll have a go at that, i got a big sheet of thickish 2mm? copper plate i was thinking of useing, that way i can solder on to it and fill it smooth, make a card template up first, we'll see,
        as for the oil i need someone with tiny hands,(dont we all) other than that i'm gonna plumb up summat to run the oil in with, fix a 15mm tank elbow and a bit of tube forward and up and some form of filler cap for it, i've already rerouted the dip stick to make it easier to check,

Comment

looks the dogs bollox mate, very cool, in fact, intercooled
          The benchmark....

Comment

look good, why not trawl e-blag for a bonnet scoop? Love the colour scheme in the engine too
            Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Cheers, i keep looking on ebay but aint seen anything any good for a while now, only possibilitys are in the states and too expensive, it's looking more and more like a copper scoop, copper fireplace breast!!!

Comment

Originally posted by huff_diggler
                looks the dogs bollox mate, very cool, in fact, intercooled

Comment

Working...
                X