slightly warmer when running on veg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slightly warmer when running on veg

Put some veg oil in last night, which I haven't done in a while. While driving into work this morning I noticed that the temperature gauge was a fraction higher compared to running on noraml diesel. It's notihing to worry about, but it was one of those things that I noticed and thought I'd share it with the rest of the class. One thought it may have something to do with an unfortuante woodlouse that fell into the funnel while I was filling up.
    Hold my beer and watch this

Originally posted by captain_chaos
    One thought it may have something to do with an unfortuante woodlouse that fell into the funnel while I was filling up.
    True bio-fuel!

Our truck has never run hotter on veg.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

mine neither. im 50/50 now. keep an eye on it. im sure the water pump with fix the woodlouse. dont know how much pressure there is in the water but whats the chances of it getting stuck and blocking up a hole anyway.
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        True bio-fuel!

Our truck has never run hotter on veg.
        well the gauge was only a fraction higher than usual. I drove it no different than normal. Must have been the woodlouse

Comment

Originally posted by tonyppe
          im sure the water pump with fix the woodlouse.
          Surely your problems a bit bigger if a wood louse in the fuel tank ends up in your water pump????

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Ballibeg
            Surely your problems a bit bigger if a wood louse in the fuel tank ends up in your water pump????

Dave
            Bwahahaha!!!
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              Bwahahaha!!!
              It's the way I tell 'em!

Dave

Comment

Dave
                well woodlice prefer damp habitats http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodlouse
                I'll run some pestacide through the fuel system just to make sure I haven't got an infestation.

Comment

Maybe a new sport? Wood louse fishing? I'd go for a small hook dangled in the tank baited with wood.....

Dave

Comment

Maybe a new sport? Wood louse fishing? I'd go for a small hook dangled in the tank baited with wood.....

Dave
                    Or maybe get more of them in the tank, the last one burnt well. Would you have to declare using woodlice as fuel to customs? I might get some hassle from the tree huggers though

Comment

Or maybe get more of them in the tank, the last one burnt well. Would you have to declare using woodlice as fuel to customs? I might get some hassle from the tree huggers though

lol!

47ppl (pence per louse)

Dave

Comment

lol!

47ppl (pence per louse)

Dave
                        that'll be a lot of woodlice to fill one tank. Maybe should use these instead http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_isopod

Comment

Dave
                          hehee. for some reason when he said filling up i thought filling up of coolant!
                          Duuurrrr...
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

that'll be a lot of woodlice to fill one tank. Maybe should use these instead http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_isopod
                            may be you will have to juice them first, may be how they used to juice grapes is an effective way? plenty of bare feet, and a party
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                            X