a wee bit o help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a wee bit o help please

have lost my key with the imobiliser fob fo my surf hunted high and low for them just cant find them anywhere , its a red thinggy atached to the key
    can i imibilisethe imobleiser its a surf 2.4 k plate any suggestion,s ,im deppressed feelin $$$$e mums in hospital wi a broken back .shes78 years old and i aint got transport any help would be appreciated thanks ian .
    www.minehoff.com

is it an original from the factory when the car was built or is it an aftermarket thing?
    sorry to hear about your mum. hopefully the forum can help.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by bun
      have lost my key with the imobiliser fob fo my surf hunted high and low for them just cant find them anywhere , its a red thinggy atached to the key
      can i imibilisethe imobleiser its a surf 2.4 k plate any suggestion,s ,im deppressed feelin $$$$e mums in hospital wi a broken back .shes78 years old and i aint got transport any help would be appreciated thanks ian .
      I would be pretty confident in saying that it was an aftermarket one, I don't think i've seen a factory fit one on an import yet. (although tonyN might prove me wrong!?!?!?), I've never worked on a 4 runner so I cant comment

If you have any paperwork you should have a fitment certificate to tell you who manufactured it, if not you will need an auto electician to by-pass it, the circuits protected vary so I can't say much more. sorry
      Last edited by coolsv650; 22 May 2007, 17:10. Reason: I missed a bit out!!
      Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

the minute the auto-electrician leaves the car, after un-wiring the immobiliser, you will find the key for it.
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

long shot

Phone up Auto-Watch and give them your reg details, see if its on their database. If so, they will send a replacement fob (why not buy two, eh?) for £30 plus instructions. All they need is copy of V5 to prove you own the vehicle and they post to the address on the V5

http://www.autowatch.co.uk/

talk to patricia - very helpful.

Failing this, phone round the other imob. suppliers see if yhey have you listed.

andy
          If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

got the immobiliser off the surf, crimped and cut the flippin thing . joined the other wires back to the same coulor . i was a bit of a pain but had to do it engine running fine .thank, for all your help iain
            www.minehoff.com

Comment

Working...
            X