X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a buyer for the Surf!!

Hi all I've got a buyer for the Surf

Quote...Hii,
    Thanks soo much for the mail and yea just to let you know that i am not in the position to make call right now cos my phone dont have the permit to make an international call.So you dont need to worry once we conclude on everything i will locate a local pay phone station to give you a call.But am really okay with the details i got from the web site and its really my taste.
    Really just to let you know that as for the payment,i will be paying with a Certified Bank Draft drawn from a local bank in United Kingdom and as for the shipping i will handle that myself by contacting my international shipping agent to really handle that for me.Also can you help me send more pics of it if you can and if not you dont need to worry yourself .
    Really I based in Greece were i work as a Contractor but originally from anthes.As for the price i will want you to let me know the last price so that the payment can be sent.
    If you are okay with me,then you can mail me back and let us conclude on everything today.
    Thanks soo much.
    james

Do You think I should sell it to him
    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Seems like a honest fella!!!! Or maybe not perhaps!

There aint no point in sayin the whole "why do they bother" an stuff because if it works just once! If just that once someone gets conned out of there car and several thousand £££ then its worth there time!

just scumbags! I Would have no problem selling to someone abroad provided it was all done above board and not some "i will send my cousin who will give you cash an take your car" an all that sh!t!

Comment

I sold my S111 Landy on eBay to a guy in Germany. At first I thought it was some kind of scam, but he called me up and offered me payment there and then via PP etc.

I kept the Landy for 2 weeks for him as he was flying into the UK to drive the Landy back.. everything was a smooth as clockwork. I met him at the airport, he paid me in cash with £ notes and then he was gone. Last I heard from him was 3 days later when he had driven it back..

Is the guy from the UK now living there, just curious as to how he will pay with a UK bank draft ?
      -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Got another one today
        Quote...Hello.

How are you doing together with your entire family?Hope all is with you and your family.i saw your advert on the internet site and i will want you to know that am very much interested in car.i will want you to let me the following details

Your final asking price

are you the first owner

Do you have all necessary Purchase Document

The present Condition

The mileage is it correct

Full interior pictures if available

Do still have the book manual

The M.O.T if updated or not.

Meanwhile, i will want to bring to your attention that i will be making payment via a Cheque which will be clear fully within 3 to 5 working days before the car will be taking away.Get back to me with details so we can proceed from there with purchase.

Kindest Regards,

Nike coker
        90 Bush Crescent, Bushmills Antrim Northern Ireland

Wouldn't touch em with a bargepole.
        Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

People do not realize that a bank can cancel Bank Drafts even 3 months later and same with cheques, then you have to return the money. Cash only thats my advice.
          Philip
          Still Searching,
          Dick Whittington

Comment

My advice - for what it's worth - from a mate's personal experience and big LOSS, go VERY careful, and be 100% sure if anything other than cash,

Cheers, Nick
            "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Originally posted by paulh
              Hi all I've got a buyer for the Surf

Quote...Hii,
              Thanks soo much for the mail and yea just to let you know that i am not in the position to make call right now cos my phone dont have the permit to make an international call.So you dont need to worry once we conclude on everything i will locate a local pay phone station to give you a call.But am really okay with the details i got from the web site and its really my taste.
              Really just to let you know that as for the payment,i will be paying with a Certified Bank Draft drawn from a local bank in United Kingdom and as for the shipping i will handle that myself by contacting my international shipping agent to really handle that for me.Also can you help me send more pics of it if you can and if not you dont need to worry yourself .
              Really I based in Greece were i work as a Contractor but originally from anthes.As for the price i will want you to let me know the last price so that the payment can be sent.
              If you are okay with me,then you can mail me back and let us conclude on everything today.
              Thanks soo much.
              james

Do You think I should sell it to him
              Hi,
              I have recently come back from living in Cyprus and got to know very quickly that there are a lot of scams perpetrated by the locals.
              As Philip rightly says, you could still lose your money with cheques and bank drafts. Neither is a guarrantee of funds!
              Greeks and Turks for that matter, nearly always deal in hard cash, so why be different with someone like yourself?

Also, they can get these vehicles over there by the bucket load. They are more expensive for them to buy local but not that much more, so why go to that sort of trouble?

Cash only is the only safe option if you decide to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, but remember to check the notes that they are good! It would be intersting to see what his reaction is if you ask for cash!!!! Remember: Caveat Emptor!

Comment

James hey. He wouldn't be 5 years old would he? He has terrible trouble making any sense...

Comment

sell it to nike after all he as got a tick by he's name
                  Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Working...
                  X