No announcement yet.

Does rain spoil your tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=plumb bob]When you have sky installed, you buy the dish and cable and bos, all of which have a one year warrenty, after that they will charge you to fix it unless you buy the insurance, and that only covers the box, which is a pile of sh1te (amstrad) so insurance at £10/month aint a bad idea.[/quote]

My mother in law has had 3 new boxes now for her satelite as hers keeps breaking down and like you said your better off taking the cover out to be on the safe side.She had her 3 new boxes all in the same year and that was after the 12month warrenty ran out so she has saved a small fortune by having insurance on it
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I'm too remote for cable we don't have water mains here either.

The insurance thing sounds like a good Idea.

Cheers JB
      www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

[QUOTE=stormforce1067]
        Originally posted by plumb bob
        When you have sky installed, you buy the dish and cable and bos, all of which have a one year warrenty, after that they will charge you to fix it unless you buy the insurance, and that only covers the box, which is a pile of sh1te (amstrad) so insurance at £10/month aint a bad idea.[/quote]

My mother in law has had 3 new boxes now for her satelite as hers keeps breaking down and like you said your better off taking the cover out to be on the safe side.She had her 3 new boxes all in the same year and that was after the 12month warrenty ran out so she has saved a small fortune by having insurance on it

We had 11 new boxes inthe first year, but sky insisted there was no problem with them, although every sky bloke said that amstrad was sh1te, and what do you expect from a non jap electronics manufacturer?
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

[quote=plumb bob]
          Originally posted by stormforce1067

We had 11 new boxes inthe first year, but sky insisted there was no problem with them, although every sky bloke said that amstrad was sh1te, and what do you expect from a non jap electronics manufacturer?
          M.I.L's is a amstard also

Comment

[QUOTE=stormforce1067]
            Originally posted by plumb bob

M.I.L's is a amstard also

Wassat then??
            Rob

Comment

[quote=plumb bob]
              Originally posted by stormforce1067

Wassat then??
              mother inlaws sky box

Comment

Although Sky will not admit it, and make no mention of it anywhere, they have always had a free repair policy for their subscribers. They just like to make you pay if they can get away with it.

Comment

its not the rain that spoils my telly its just the s h i t e programmes
                  Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                    its not the rain that spoils my telly its just the s h i t e programmes
                    It's like having 200 bbc channels..........all repeats!
                    Rob

Comment

When we moved 4 years ago we cancelled Sky, took our dish wiv us & the Son-in-Law fitted it to gutter of our Bungalow,(approx 8-10 ft high) not a problem till Buncefield !!!!!!!!!
                      Re-aligned it & still no problems !!!!
                      Good Luck M8

There's always a Payback .... You just don't see it Comin !!!!
                      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Cling film elastic band hair drier sorted.

don't know how long it will last but in the end couldn't face putting my blood pressure up phoning sky I will probably have to inthe end.

Cheers JB

Comment

when its pouring it down I get break up on only a few channels and have seen the signal quality as rubbish.

luckily was given a sony box, and had no problem 'touch wood'.
                          Gaz

Comment

Going to replace the cling film with a durex for better protection.

Comment

Originally posted by Highlander1
                              Yes but if it leaks you be f*cked

Aparently grundig boxes are the one's to have, my panasonic box decided to play up and I bought one off Fleabay (for the caravan) but it soon was relocated into the house..... Problem solved
                              Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by Highlander1
                                make sure you use the gelly inside
                                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                                X