Your opinions please guys n gals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinions please guys n gals

Im still undeiceded about going for an extra 2" lift via body or suspension, Suspenion i think looks neater but it emptys your wallet in the blink of an eye! Body lift is beyond cheaper and tempting because of its low, low price!

At the moment im running 265/75r16 bfg AT's and wrangler AT's which fill the arches nicely but dont have the width i want! the tyres still remain in the arches!! Would it be possible with my current 2" lift to fit 30mm spacers on and fill the arches out with the 265/75's?

Im almost in love with the Insa turbo Dakar remould and at £50 a pop is a cheap!

So my thinking is this: Shall i not bother going higher to fit only slightly larger tyres that will just make my accel+mpg's suffer further just to facilitate the 285/75's? Would it make more sense with my work shy 2.4 to just keep it with the 2" an 265/75's on spacers to give me the same look as the 4" + 33's? only on a smaller scale?

Please say you made sense of that because its confusing me running around in my head

Originally posted by RodLeach
    Im still undeiceded about going for an extra 2" lift via body or suspension, Suspenion i think looks neater but it emptys your wallet in the blink of an eye! Body lift is beyond cheaper and tempting because of its low, low price!

At the moment im running 265/75r16 bfg AT's and wrangler AT's which fill the arches nicely but dont have the width i want! the tyres still remain in the arches!! Would it be possible with my current 2" lift to fit 30mm spacers on and fill the arches out with the 265/75's?

Im almost in love with the Insa turbo Dakar remould and at £50 a pop is a cheap!

So my thinking is this: Shall i not bother going higher to fit only slightly larger tyres that will just make my accel+mpg's suffer further just to facilitate the 285/75's? Would it make more sense with my work shy 2.4 to just keep it with the 2" an 265/75's on spacers to give me the same look as the 4" + 33's? only on a smaller scale?

Please say you made sense of that because its confusing me running around in my head

Another alternative is to buy a wheel and tyre package with a larger off-set wheel (-20 or -30)to give the truck a wider stance and a deep dish look to the alloys..

Landcruiser wheels have a -20 off-set. The standard Surf's alloys are -8.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Another alternative is to buy a wheel and tyre package with a larger off-set wheel (-20 or -30)to give the truck a wider stance and a deep dish look to the alloys..

Landcruiser wheels have a -20 off-set. The standard Surf's alloys are -8.

Ive already got quiet a large offset i think

thats the best pic to display the offset, I think wheel spacers would just fill it out good! I was lookin at copycats picture n with standard wheels the spacers fill it out flush! so im really tempted to go that route to keep some power

Comment

Nah, I mean deeeeeeeeep like these...

http://hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showth...highlight=dish

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Nah, I mean deeeeeeeeep like these...

http://hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showth...highlight=dish

THAT IS DEEEEP!! looks like some bad boy dragster! fit LC springs n hes sorted!!!

Comment

Where can I buy wheels like those?
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF
              Where can I buy wheels like those?
              What the deep dish ones or mine?

www.bronco4x4.com Or www.supertrux.com will have somet very close to what your after!

If you mean mine (which i doubt) then god knows! they were on it when i got it

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                THAT IS DEEEEP!! looks like some bad boy dragster! fit LC springs n hes sorted!!!
                And wider tyres, those one are about to ping of the beads!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                X