Near miss with washing machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Near miss with washing machine

Don't know about the tumble drier but my room filled with smake last week from the washing machine. It smelt like a burned out motor.

Switched it off and let it cool down the motor was too hot to touch.

It wouldn't go when I switched it back on so I changed the fuse, but before switching it back on I put the high pressure airline through the motor from my garage compressor.

There was carbon dust everywhere but hey presto it's been working fine ever since the motor no longer gets hot.

Lucky lucky chap I wonder if the carbon build up causes this and if we cleaned the motors out now and then we would have happier machines which would last for many more years that they seem to these days.

Cheers JB
    www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Originally posted by Highlander1
    Don't know about the tumble drier but my room filled with smake last week from the washing machine. It smelt like a burned out motor.

Switched it off and let it cool down the motor was too hot to touch.

It wouldn't go when I switched it back on so I changed the fuse, but before switching it back on I put the high pressure airline through the motor from my garage compressor.

There was carbon dust everywhere but hey presto it's been working fine ever since the motor no longer gets hot.

Lucky lucky chap I wonder if the carbon build up causes this and if we cleaned the motors out now and then we would have happier machines which would last for many more years that they seem to these days.

Cheers JB
    you and your luck!
    could be possible the carbon build up made a short may be?
    unless the burning smell was the belt had stopped and the motor still turning?

our bushes were worn once, i took the top cover off and had a poke - i didnt know what was wrong. i found if i held these two bits in the machine spins! so i used cable ties that lasted about another 3 weeks. so tried to fix it again but forgot to unplug this time. did i get a shock or what!
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Hi

I think your right if the carbon built up it could have started shorting out anyway it's still working so fingers crossed i'd rather spend the cash on the truck than annew machine.

Cheers JB
      www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

New brushes will probably do the trick, if you can get them, alternately a replacement motor. You dont need a whole new machine

Bogus
        Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
          New brushes will probably do the trick, if you can get them, alternately a replacement motor. You dont need a whole new machine

Bogus
          i forgot to write that - that was the problem with mine! took an electric shock and a lot of me scratching my head to figure it out.. 17 yr old noob! hehe
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
          X