3 weeks and 1 Surf later....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 weeks and 1 Surf later....

Its been 3 weeks since I joined the forum and you guys and all the wisdom have convinced me to Surf - as opposed to Paj or Volvo.

I have just bought my first Surf '93 from auction in Japan - also a first - and am now waiting for it to ship and get here. Talk about a bag of nerves - though I know I will be in good hands when it gets here.

Pictures are below...

Questions about the back - what are the two things below the rear spoiler on either pillar? In the centre of the bumper theres a bit missing - not damage but a reversing sensor? Surely not on '93!

This is an amazing forum that really works. Have belonged to a few but you are the dogs...

Happy Hoops!!
    Attached Files
    Hoops

The difference between stupidity and genius.... is that genius has its limits!!

Originally posted by hoops
    Its been 3 weeks since I joined the forum and you guys and all the wisdom have convinced me to Surf - as opposed to Paj or Volvo.

I have just bought my first Surf '93 from auction in Japan - also a first - and am now waiting for it to ship and get here. Talk about a bag of nerves - though I know I will be in good hands when it gets here.

Pictures are below...

Questions about the back - what are the two things below the rear spoiler on either pillar? In the centre of the bumper theres a bit missing - not damage but a reversing sensor? Surely not on '93!

This is an amazing forum that really works. Have belonged to a few but you are the dogs...

Happy Hoops!!
    Those two things are called air splitters - supposed to make it more aerodynamic and more importantly keep the rear window clean - Used to have the same on the front pillars of my Golf GTI - didn't do a damn thing.

The hole in the rear bumper is to get the spare wheel down when it is mounted underneath - you put in a bar and wind it down. They use the same bumper whether you have the underslung spare or the rear mounted one.

Cheers

Comment

Welcome to the forum, glad it has been of help to you.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Originally posted by hoops

Happy Hoops!!
        Linda says that her truck had those parts, they are the recievers for the SatNav system.

The parking sensor was probably retro fitted by the owner, then taken off for his new mobile gadget catalogue.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

hole in back of bumper is for lowering the spare tyre. You can find the winding bar under your rear seat. Reach into the gap in the rear centre, about centre, and you will find a latch to pull the seat up
          BRING ON THE MUD!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AUSSIESURF
            hole in back of bumper is for lowering the spare tyre. You can find the winding bar under your rear seat. Reach into the gap in the rear centre, about centre, and you will find a latch to pull the seat up
            He would if he could. its on the back of his surf
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by AUSSIESURF
              oops! good call, that'll teach me to not bother looking at the picture!! Just assumed it was another hole!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                oops! good call, that'll teach me to not bother looking at the picture!! Just assumed it was another hole!

dont let linda hear you tony
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

hey hoops i would complain mate only 2 PEDELS in your truck m8.
                  welcome to SURFIN get ready for sore cheeks, with all the grinning your
                  about to do.
                  Enjoying Life after Cancer
                  Pops

Comment

you mean I can have more pedals - but I only got 2 feet!! You got a nitros one?
                    Hoops

The difference between stupidity and genius.... is that genius has its limits!!

Comment

Nice motor mate !

Comment

nice motor

looks like a nice surf m8 youll be pleased you chose it over the paj thats for sure ive had 2 pajaros there nothing compaired to the surf
                        black n tan
                        black n tan
                        yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                          hey hoops i would complain mate only 2 PEDELS in your truck m8.
                          welcome to SURFIN get ready for sore cheeks, with all the grinning your
                          about to do.
                          shouldn't worry, i had a bike with only 2 pedals once.... wasn't very fast though.... and i think the head was possibly knackered.
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Welcome to the madhouse, Hoops m8. Between you and me, the rest of them on here are loonies, so let me give you some sane advice. A Surf has no soul, until it has got muddy and the reversing sensor doesn't recognise trees. Let the good times roll!!!!!!
                            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                            X