What a shame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a shame

Just heard on the news the cutty sark has burned, one of the last examples of those beutiful ships, would have thought it would have had some kind of sprinkler system installed as its one of the big tourist attractions,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

It looks bad from the vid.

That really sucks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6675381.stm
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

They say much of the ship was removed to store while refurb went on .. seems it was the main structure being worked on for salt erosion...

Hope they can rebuild... very pretty ship... remember going there on school trip... don't know many people who didn't
      Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

Originally posted by Helen
        They say much of the ship was removed to store while refurb went on .. seems it was the main structure being worked on for salt erosion...

Hope they can rebuild... very pretty ship... remember going there on school trip... don't know many people who didn't
        me...
        but did go there with me mum. cant really remember it though
        its a great shame. this country has a lot of history, even my local area has a huge amount of history - and hardly anyone knows or is bothered
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

That's a reall shame.I went thereagain about 6 years ago. But I have to say, thank god it wasn't the Victory. I hope they are reviewing her fire precautiuons!!

Comment

It is a great pity , always loved to look at her when working in london . I hope they can rebuild her , But the cost may be too much.
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
              It is a great pity , always loved to look at her when working in london . I hope they can rebuild her , But the cost may be too much.
              The Lottery should stump up if they are short, its far more worthy than most of the usual stuff. I might even buy a ticket if they did!

Really sad pics of the shell on the news, it was a beautiful looking ship, really spoilt my day.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

was sitting by there the other day [no didnt have matches lol ]
                val works right by there
                a shame if its been started by some deeeeekhead
                Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Looks like their gonna try, luckily most of her upperworks are in chatam dockyard, so not as bad as at first thought, she was the first modlel ship i made, its still on the fish tank, the rigging was a nightmare, took me longer to do that than build the ship,at least victory's protected by being inside the dockyard,
                  Last edited by POPEYE; 21 May 2007, 19:19.
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                  X