Break from the surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Break from the surf

Finally got our ebay bought, chinese made, scandinavian design, shower thingy sorted out today, it pi$$ed water out first time round, bl00dy chinese plumbing, palstic jet fitting were rubbish, i was gonna take a pic of it with the old girl in there but i like you guys too much to put ya through that, plus i prob woulda got banned from the forum, this thing's been a pain in the bum from the start, instructions would have been nice, i dont trust the plastic plumbing behind it so i made a water catch can (jacobs cracker box) to go under the hole in the base at the back, run the tube down into the cupboard and into a jar and i got visual warning of impending doom,
    So i'll be giveing helga a good thrashing with some branches in there tonight, then can rub snow on my chest,

Last edited by POPEYE; 20 May 2007, 20:26.
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

is that the hair dressers version of the tardis.hehehehe
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Looks like a Maple Industries (Vance Millar the kitchen gangster) one to me..

Did it come from Oldham/Manchester?
      -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Originally posted by max6674
        Looks like a Maple Industries (Vance Millar the kitchen gangster) one to me..

Did it come from Oldham/Manchester?
        Newcastle, dodgy co, promised to get me some instruction emailed from china but it never happened, they got our money and thats all their interested in, anyway happy with it, its mainly the cubicle i was interested in as it had a top on it, in's in the bedroom so i wanted to be able to extract the steam, in the ebay description it says, complete with extraction exhaust fan!!! when ya look its a 4" PC fan stuck on the back, sod all trunking etc, so i've put my own extractor fan on it and flu'd it to the old boiler flue, paid
        around £760 for it and their about £3000 in B&Q so not a bad deal really,

Comment

are there any electrics in the extractor fan? or is it an inline unit? NO electrics are to be placed in a "zone 1" area, which is over a shower!! Very dangerous mate.... If/When a plumber sees it, he should condem it!

Sorry if thats bad news! but its better then ending up getting fried or somet

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
            are there any electrics in the extractor fan? or is it an inline unit? NO electrics are to be placed in a "zone 1" area, which is over a shower!! Very dangerous mate.... If/When a plumber sees it, he should condem it!

Sorry if thats bad news! but its better then ending up getting fried or somet
            Its an inline extractor, in the cupboard next to bedroom, on a pull cord, the unit had inbuilt electrics but i aint had the nuts to plug it in! knowing what the plumbing was like, it had an safty cutout thing on it but still dont really need it as the mixer works ok, its just for the steam gen, lights, radio (ahah), and phone (another ahah) can do without that $hite

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
              If/When a plumber sees it, he should condem it.
              You know of any good plumbers Ian?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                You know of any good plumbers Ian?
                on reflection matt it would be a bad plumber
                Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Im a good plumber!! i'll have ya know, its the stuff that coma with it thats $$$$, bl00dy cheapo plastic $hite,

i aint flooded anyones house in months

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                    Finally got our ebay bought, chinese made, scandinavian design, shower thingy sorted out today, it pi$$ed water out first time round, bl00dy chinese plumbing, palstic jet fitting were rubbish, i was gonna take a pic of it with the old girl in there but i like you guys too much to put ya through that, plus i prob woulda got banned from the forum, this thing's been a pain in the bum from the start, instructions would have been nice, i dont trust the plastic plumbing behind it so i made a water catch can (jacobs cracker box) to go under the hole in the base at the back, run the tube down into the cupboard and into a jar and i got visual warning of impending doom,
                    So i'll be giveing helga a good thrashing with some branches in there tonight, then can rub snow on my chest,

I'm not entirely sure that plug socket and trailing lead is strictly legal in zone 1 either. he he .
                    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                      I'm not entirely sure that plug socket and trailing lead is strictly legal in zone 1 either. he he .
                      The trailing lead is a wandering light i used while i was fiddleing about behind it, it's gone now and the socket will be covered by some units when we can afford em, dont worry i dont intend killing my old woman,

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                        The trailing lead is a wandering light i used while i was fiddleing about behind it, it's gone now and the socket will be covered by some units when we can afford em, dont worry i dont intend killing my old woman,

hmm i dunno! Insurance pay out would pay for some niiiice mods!! Muhahaha

Only jokin of course! us plumbers are lovly sorts .....if you ever meet one of us... Like rocking horse sh!t we are!

Comment

Too many in my neck of the woods.
                          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Working...
                          X