exhaust vroom vroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust vroom vroom

i have my exhaust done, and its improved the car quite a bit.
    i will now have to remove the washers from the actuator as i keep over boosting. i will do this monday.
    my system is 2.25" from the front pipe in t304 stainless.
    has anyone else had a custom system on their 2.4 ? and if so, what is your bore of pipe?
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Re

Mine was 2.5 inches from the turbo down!

See here:-

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=16927

Later!

Gary

Comment

cheers for that info. i used to run the longlife centre in carshalton a few years ago and since i left the person who was under me has since moved up to take my place. he kept trying to get me to have the system done in 2" !! i wasnt having any of it.
      i think he was just having me on. some people are like that
      the standard bore size is 2& 1/8th so i went for 2.25" which is still bigger bore than standard. mine is only a 2.4 so i didnt want to go too big.

the pipe from the turbo to the flex is still standard. its not even rusty so im saving my pennies until i have to!
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyppe
        cheers for that info. i used to run the longlife centre in carshalton a few years ago and since i left the person who was under me has since moved up to take my place. he kept trying to get me to have the system done in 2" !! i wasnt having any of it.
        i think he was just having me on. some people are like that
        the standard bore size is 2& 1/8th so i went for 2.25" which is still bigger bore than standard. mine is only a 2.4 so i didnt want to go too big.

the pipe from the turbo to the flex is still standard. its not even rusty so im saving my pennies until i have to!
        Increasing the diameter of the exhaust straight out of the turbo is where the best power gain is.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Increasing the diameter of the exhaust straight out of the turbo is where the best power gain is.
          i know i know!
          but there is a direct relation to the proportion of power gain to amount of income per person lol

like i said i used to run the carshalton branch of longlife exhausts

but the rule is with diesels (non turbo) is that they perform better with back pressure and actually loose power without this. turbo diesels then is a contradiction. i think my 'friend' was trying to throw me off.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            the deal with turbos is like how wind is made in the air. there is a high pressure area and a lower pressure area, the air naturally rushes from the high pressure to the low pressure.
            so you create a low pressure in the exhaust and the hot gasses will want to rush through the turbo making it spin up. this is why when people have aftermarket manifolds they must make sure the primarys are kept small enough not to keep the small volume and prevent turbo lag.
            its the same theory on the induction side of the turbo
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
            X