My mates a knob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mates a knob

I decided this afternoon to rewire my spotlights. They are hella dynaviews and the intelligent power unit packed up about 2 weeks ago. So i decided to rip out all the wiring and wire them via a relay and dash switch, to the main beam with the help of my mate Paul. We started by removing all wiring and power unit and then started the rewire. Whilst i was routing wires from the lights, switch and relay, he was crimping the spade connectors to the ends. He assured me he knew what he was doing as far as relays were concerned. I thought nothing of it as i thought everyone knew how a relay works(how stupid of me!)and told him to wire the relay and i'd carry on wiring inside the car.
    About 5-6 mins later,as i was refitting dash panels a cloud of smoke filled the surf and i shat meself. I knew instantly what had happened. The dosey bleeder had only attached the + and - the wrong way round on the relay. In turn this proceeded to fry the earth wiring behind the dash. After much screaming like a loon and runnung about i managed to pull the relay to bits and therefore avoided torching my beloved surf. the wires were in a bad way with no outer insulation sheathing left on them. With nothing but bare wires now acting as my vehicles earth i had to rip out and completely rewire the earth, So what was to be a 20 min job turned out swallowing up my day off. THANKS PAUL for a wonderful day.
    http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Now you know why I tell people not to let 'mates' anywhere near anything you may even slightly cherish.

Comment

Where there's blame, there's a claim!

Comment

Maybe he thought it was a + earth my Austin A40 was + earthed Oh the good old days.

JB
        www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Working...
        X